Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
and yes you can control 15 devices from one remote....you need to press one button to put your TV on /stb on/av receiver on/switch to correct inputs on each/and watch tv and just in case you want to switch to dvd press one button and the stb switches off/dvd comes on/tv and av receivers are switched to relevant inputs...cool huh...and also you can control your ac from that and whatever is controlled with an ir remote. for ps3 you need an extender and you can do that too....so i never thought of asking for a airtel universal remote :)

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

much easier for wifes :) and my 4 yr old too :D

hehe alright. i guess i am past that stage where it sounded cool to me!

Guys, Any idea if using a component output over composite one in Airtel IPTV will improve the quality of transmission...??? I have a 40 inch LCD with Airtel IPTV, while some channels are of decent quality in many others there is lot os pixelation / shadowing etc. So just wondering if anyone can help on that ....If anyone does use a component cable, then of which brand / specification will be good enough for IPTV. Also any idea if Airtel plans to get an HDMI output on their STB's - though that wouldn't help till there is a HD transmission but atleast it will save on transmission loss if any.

I had it connected thru component from day 1....can't compare with composite as never used it...Had a 42" TV too...as it is not advisable to use composite when you have the component option...also used optical out to my Yamaha 663....you can use any rca cable just connect the right jacks...i used the cable that came with TS+...and the quality was at times lesser or equal to TS+ (connected thru a better component cable...PureAV). The pixellation/shadowing is problem with the transmission of the Airtel iptv...its very poor quality...no amount of changing cables will help you out there....that's why i got rid of the iptv and got on to Broadband only plans.

Kumar @ I am really not sure at what stage of IPTV did you have the connection.....but as of now, I do not have much complaint about the quality, majority of channels, which I do watch are of fairly good quality... some as good as TS. and more importantly, Time Shift works out best for me, which I personally think is a new frontier in TV viewing.IPTV is great for me, concern was on transmission loss due to improper cabling that might not do justice to your TV viewing.Nonetheless, as yo said, IPTV still has a long way to go where it can beat any other transmission, be it in terms of quality or value added features, which I believe no other technology can provide the way IPTV can.

IPTV is future for sure...IPTV is bound to integrate interactive services with Tv.. Time shift is just one feature..just imagine u can control Tv like u control ur internet..!

airtel has introduced IPTV in bangalore recently and as I was planning to change from cable to a DTH and heard about airtel IPTV.After reading the posts on this forum, have pretty much made up my mind to go with airtel IPTV (I already have their Broadband and land line). Anything to watch for, ask for as I work out the details with airtel?

the combo plan they have is pretty crappy. 15GB at 1mbps after that 256kbps. the service is still beta quality. i have been using it since feb 2009 so i know! but timeshift rocks and if you can manage to get used to the slow interface and crappy software... you would love it!

Hi I have Airtel IPTV connection.It has several problems.Instead of calling IPTV Customer care and number of tech support guy visited, still the problems remains.1- Several times I get "Waiting Singal"2- When doing FF for store channels,sometimes it does not FF, goes directly to LIVE !!3- Somedays we get on some channels only video, no audio.4- This happens almost everytimes, We press channel up or other key, But it shows me "Info key information".5- IPTv hangs so often,My remote controller does not work, IPTV does not receive anything. I need to reboot.6- This issue everybody knows, response time is very SLOW and picture quality too.Anybody knows, is there any software update near future ?

hehe yeah. timeshift has some major issues. you pause on a channel for like 20 minutes. and try to resume, it would just skip to live feed. similar issues when forwarding and rewinding randomly. the service is beta. period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back