Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe cool. post the picture of the new remote. is it a universal remote now? i would have to check if they can provide me with the new one. i hate the white colored one they gave me. :(

I got Airtel IPTV installed a week back - Magic 1299 plan. After reading all the posts here, I wasn't expecting much. But I must say, not bad.

-Didn't have any problem like flickering while using torrents or P2P at full speed.
-It takes a second to change the channel - I am used to it or don't change much at all.
-Timeshift is awesome.
-For my 21 Inch TV, picture quality can be as good as it can be.
-Yea, Interface sucks.
-They have changed the remote. Its better than the white one posted in the sticky thread. Will post a pic sometime.
-Not much of a tv person, 4-5 hours a week - mostly sports, IPTV suits me.

Star World on TSTV is amazing, it would be great if they extend it to Sports and VH1 as well.

Overall experience: Good for me.
Hi
Same here. Not faced any major problem.... quite happy in fact.
Most of the problems mentioned by other posters I never experienced or they were simply teething problems,........ think most of them are professional whiners anyway... they will grumble no matter what, and are never satisfied... meet people like them in the real world everyday.

awww... you are calling me a whiner? for complaining about problems i face with airtel iptv? i don't think so. :)

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

supposedly i have to move from channel number 100 to 110.

i have two options. press the channel up button 10 times or press 1 1 0.

in case of airtel iptv, pressing 110 is faster than going up 10 channels.

because you cannot just jump through channels. it expects you to wait for a second or two after clicking the up button. and then press again.

awww... you are calling me a whiner? for complaining about problems i face with airtel iptv? i don't think so. :)

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

supposedly i have to move from channel number 100 to 110.

i have two options. press the channel up button 10 times or press 1 1 0.

in case of airtel iptv, pressing 110 is faster than going up 10 channels.

because you cannot just jump through channels. it expects you to wait for a second or two after clicking the up button. and then press again.

Heh heh ....... no no , you are Admin..... mera dimaag kharab hai kya, that I will call you whiner ?!
Admin cannot be whiner !!

what what i believe is that these complaints are pretty strong and genuine. channel change should not take 3-4-5 seconds. anyways. i am trying to find out how i can get the remote of my STB replaced. not sure if they have changed the STB as well for the new customers. someone needs to post the image of the new remote and the related STB.

what what i believe is that these complaints are pretty strong and genuine. channel change should not take 3-4-5 seconds.

anyways. i am trying to find out how i can get the remote of my STB replaced. not sure if they have changed the STB as well for the new customers.

someone needs to post the image of the new remote and the related STB.
Hmm... I've been given a Black -colored remote.... maybe 1-2 second lag in response time... not too bad. STB is whitish-grey...... with blue lights.
Guy who installed it told me to call him if remote or modem needed to be replaced. Or call Customer Care... I've always found them helpful.
Hope this helps.

well it would normally work if the remote is malfunctioning. ;) i am trying to get some response from the airtel presence folks. would be sad if i would have to break my remote to get a new one (they would charge for it though).

well it would normally work if the remote is malfunctioning. ;)

i am trying to get some response from the airtel presence folks.

would be sad if i would have to break my remote to get a new one (they would charge for it though).

No need to break it...... drop it in water.... dry it and then call them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back