Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
heheh. i never used the epg feature of my older zee dish tv connection and even i can say that epg of airtel iptv sucks. :D

what about the mute button...does your mute button work....and what does the audio button on the remote do..any ideas....How do we get the initial setup screen here...thre is no way to setup the box....no options menu at all.

Hi All,I have read all what people have to say about iptv, i want to ask a few things and your suggestions, I had a 29'' CRT i just bought a 55'' LCD and im using the regular cable, the quality suks big time and there is total unreliability, I got a Tata Sky connection and that could not be installed to my place they said that the reception was too bad so i had to give it away to someone. Now i have been wondering if IPTV has a good quality to watch it on a 55'' LCD. I have been told by a few people that if i call some other DTH provider maybe they can throughly examine my place n place the dish at a place where there will be decent reception. So what do you suggest?Also my mother watches a lot of TV so if i get airtel iptv then i guess she'll have to get used to the glitches with the software. Another thing is that i am a complete torrent addict and i download atleast 1.5-3 gb a day will i have a problem. I am using airtel unlimited 1mbps plan 1799.I would really appreciate your help.

i use it with a 29" CRT. i really have no idea how it would look like on a 55" LCD! but from my experience it would not be very good.

the mute button on my remote works fine... it has since day one. if you are talking about the small sized button at the top... it does not do anything. i guess you should call airtel and ask for a replacement remote if the mute button is not working.

@ admin Thanks!! Will do!! Any ideas on getting the setup menu...I saw the setup screen when the airtel guy was installing...there were many things in there...but don't know how to get it again.@Udit55 inch TV is a big prolem to have if you don't have HD Transmission or HD Software (Like blu ray or downloaded divx/xvid in HD).Now coming to quality transmission....u should take up Airtel IPTV as there is nothing better than that in quality pictures but again they are at the testing stage and there will be hiccups....but if they do good...IPTV is the best TV viewing solution. TS is the best DTH viewing experience on a big screen, but if you can't see at your home, and if you are in rental accomodation, you should move where you can :) But if u can't real bad luck. You will then have to go with other DTH which in my opinion are not better than IPTV. With you already paying 1980 for your plan , will be paying 220 extra. That will be good......or else you can try Sun HD a little costly at the initial but lot less than your 55 incher.

well the setup menu is accessed while the bootloader is running by pressing keys on the remote. there is some number that is to be pressed. i never cared about finding out because i had no reason to temper with those settings. if you manage to find some cool airtel guy, he might give you that number. maybe some guy on this forum already knows about that code.

Hi arvind,Well i'm just looking for a better quality i know i'm supposed to have HD quality to on my 55'' but well...this local cable that i use the picture is really snowy....n really distorted. I think IPTV might be better than this atleast. The Tata Sky ppl have given up n say tht at my place connection is impossible. I cant move.....the sun HD also has a lot of channels that are upscaled and is not very popular now...so can anyone give me screenshots of what it looks like on the TV actually...

check on the sun hd section....IPTV is good on my 40" TV but there is a definite lag/ break in pictures (torrents being downloaded or not) but it does not affect your Torrent download speed, whatsoever.

Hi, I just want to know, is there any option in IPTV to change the lanuage option for some channels like in Airtel Digital TV for (discovery, NGC, cartoon network etc.)

^^not yet,though they claimed in an email that it will be available after an upgrade on 2nd feb.but that upgrade never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back