Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess i have answered all your questions there. you could have posted them here anyways :)

just got airtel iptv activated.anybody here using the component output?would it give better results to switch from composite to component?

i thought about trying that. but do not know if my TV has component support or not.i have not faced quality related problems much on my television. even connected my friend's 35" LCD to my IPTV connection once, it was pretty clear on that too.

i have a Philips 29" CRT. a year old model. dont have the specific details. :)

have a 25 inch CRTdid not notice any difference in picture quality between component and AV for IPTVbut there is a very minor difference in quality when playing original DVD's depending on the connection.

Guess i'll have to check myself.it's a real pain to dismount a wall mount lcd.would suggest future buyers to buy one with every input on the side panel in case you wanna wall mount it.mine has just an hdmi input which is of no use with indian stb's.even headphone socket is on the back :p .

this was another reason i hate LCDs. they just put the essentials on the side while the bulk of the ports are at the back. and you cannot really use them if the LCD is wall mounted.

I've been researching a lot about Airtel IPTV lately as I was planning on getting it. So far the major downsides I've come across are EPG and time lag between channel switching (right?). I'm currently using DishTV which itself has these two problem to some extent but I can't know for sure which one is worse until I buy Airtel. I wonder if anyone has switched from DishTV to Airtel (or at least used both) and could share their experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back