Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
right. try that at night time when the speeds are in 1mbps range. i was planning to switch to 1mbps full time. but if iptv suffers from it... i would have to look for a solution first.

IPTV stopped working again. swell. :(

i would suggest that you get rid of the wifi router since you already have one. tell them to get you the utstarcom router with 4 ports. and that would work well. it is a pretty decent hardware compared to the beetel crap.

I May be left with no choice. I have paid extra for the wi-fi thingy. So, I guess I will try one more time.After that, I may have to go with the utstarcom choice. :(I have a feeling this may not be hardware related.

you can always contact the deshmukh guy for refunds on the wifi hardware. airtel should be flexible enough. and you should get the airtel guy to try out the utstarcom router option to see if that resolves the problem. if its a line problem, then it would take them a lot of time for replacements to fix the problem :cry:

The airtel guy semed to suggest that OpenDNS may be the cause. :P

Well thats rubbish..a simple DNS change cannot screw up IPTV..most probably it was the router that was the prob..but maybe a line issue as well

But routers with 4 MB RAM or less might struggle with a heavy application that opens multiple connections (like any torrent client) and IPTV running simultaneously..so its advisable to check the RAM before buying a router if u intend to use it for IPTV as well..in case its provided by the ISP then obviously u cant do anything other than complaining to them if u face issues.

router cant handle 1mbps?!! strange.

Router can handle 24 Mbps if the line supports it..problem is when ur router is handling multiple TCP/IP streams simultaneously..that consumes memory and processor power..and if u have less of that then u either get an unstable connection or a hung up device.

I can't compromise on my p2p usage. don't know what to do next.I'll see what happens when the airtel guy comes tomorrow.... :ashamed:EDIT : The weird thing is I had used IPTV for one hour only since this router was replaced yesterday and that also when I was using 512 kbps internet speed.How could p2p screw up IPTV so badly with one hour of IPTV usage?

if airtel iptv is going to struggle with 512k usage at day time... and 1 mbps at night time. i guess we are screwed. what would we do when 2mbps and faster becomes affordable! :D

so router is working fine for internet access but iptv is not working?that's weird. here i have seen cases when net goes down but iptv works fine. anyways. what error message do u see on the iptv page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back