Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
well technically its handling around 7-8mbps because of IPTV broadcast. the problem happens when i turn on my torrent client at full throttle. i have not asked other iptv users here if they face the same problems. this could be a problem with my line or my router or my stb. but if i finetune the setting in the torrent client to make less connections, everything works well.

The airtel guy semed to suggest that OpenDNS may be the cause. :Pgo figure.Yeah. My p2p client is full throttle all the time.In my case, IPTV was NOT working at all. I was getting initialize error.I guess I'll attempt to use OpenDNS again in a day or two. If it screws up the router again, I am going to look stupid. :ashamed:

well a dns server is not going to harm your router! apply common sense. :) also check if IPTV broadcast has signal problems at night time with p2p client on full throttle.

Common sense? Who is he? Is he a member here? :pI do not have any signal problems with IPTV at night-time with p2p client at full-throttle.I'll setup up OpenDNS again and report back if my router tanks. This Beetel Wifi router sucks. My port forwarding is screwed-up. IPTV is acting up.I miss my old Netgear wifi router+beetel 220bx setup. Never gave me a problem in two years. :imwink:

i guess my connection has stability issues then. you are not using a dedicated modem? utstarcom? just that beetel router?

You did the right thing by taking the least amount of crapware from Airtel. You used "common sense" :pI think this beetel bt450TC1 wifi router is 24 MBps whereas my old Netgear wifi thingy was 54 MBps. total cr@pEDIT : For eg. This beetel wifi thingy does not seem to have a firmware auto-update mechanism which is odd.

well if u had a wifi router you should not have gone for the airtel wifi option! when i applied for the connection... there was no price different. 4K for the connection. as simple as that. eventually, your IPTV works well even with torrents on full throttle. not at my end! that is a big problem for me.

To be honest, I have not been using IPTV much at night-time. :P I shut shop on IPTV most of the time after bigg boss.So, I guess my experience is limited in that sense. Will play with IPTV tonight at night and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back