Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you share how does the "TV Guide" look like and how much information it provides?

TV guide... i think i have checked it out. it was too confusing and pretty much useless. so i did not use it again. :(

There seems to be new dude with IPTV knowledge :hysterical:......so dude tell us about new IPTV experience you had we will ask airtel call center if we need to know more about iptv.

I got Airtel IPTV three weeks ago, and overall I am satisfied with the quality as well as deal. Here are the details:Deal:I went for the 4k+399 per month, as I am already using 512 kbps unlimited plan. Hardware:4 port Wireless router, with one port dedicated for iptv (8Mbps line speed)Set-top box+RemoteAV Cables (I asked them to connect using component cable, but they did not have the component cable, instead, they used normal red-yellow-white AV cable for the component port)Picture QualityIts ok, not great! but there is no frozen screen or other complains I read about in this forum. I do get stuck screen for split second sometime, but no big deal, as it happens with other connections as well. TimeShift TVThis is one of the best feature of IPTV! It scores on all others! 12 channels, 7 days, all shows available anytime! With UTV Movies and HBO, you have a big list of movies (hindi and english)! with Colors, NDTV Imagine, Star Plus, host of regular family entertainment shows are available! with Star World, a lot of english shows are also available! This is 7 days of shows, available any time! choose and watch! rewind/fast forward/pause... Programme GuideVery bad! there is no proper navigation, no details of the shows! Worst I have seen! My Cable set-top box has much better guide! OverallI am satisfied, as Timeshift is the most useful, and I can watch the shows without ad breaks! Even we are watching tv at the show time, we still watch other shows and wait for some time, to watch it on timeshift, without the ads! There are many things Airtel can do, just think about including a small browser for web surfing! it will allow you to check your mails on TV, watch youtube videos on tv! i will post more later

yeah it has been stable for me since the last couple of weeks. no problems on that front. time shift rocks. the problems? no new channels generally. no new channels in time shift. nothing new since the launch basically.

they keep promising that timeshift will have 40 channels very soon, but not sure when.. also, do u know that u get one free movie of Rs 25 per month from pay-per-view? i came to know only when i tried and it did not charge me, so on asking cust care, i was told that it is part of plan to give one free movie per month, but only movies upto Rs 25 and not more than that!

heh one free movie per month? blah. i dont need it. i just need more channels in time shift. till than i am pretty disappointed with airtel iptv.

I just got Airtel IP installed at my Noida home after taking inputs from this forum. I am discontinuing my Dish TV connection. The installation was done in a jiffy by two Airtel guys in red T-shirts and I could surf the channels in less than 30 minutes since they started. I got a new modem to replace the older one that was installed for Internet, a setup top box which has a USB port (I dont know what use it is, but the installation guys said I would get the info in coming months) and also a sleek remote.My first experiences are that Airtel IP TV "ROCKS"!!!! There is no major issue of "delay" in changing channels as some reported and three USP's are:1. Time shift TV makes TV for busy ppl like me useful. Earlier I could do nothing on weekdays except for watching news. Yesterday (a Monday) I saw my favorite weekend programs and the HBO movie "Wanted" that was telecast on Sunday night, and what is more I could "fast forward" the ads, so it is like watching from a DVD.2. No disruptions whatsoever by cloud cover or rain.3. Awesome and timely service of Airtel (compared to DishTV's horrendous service).Do contact me if anybody needs any specific information.

SLEEK REMOTE! I need to see the photos. Coz the remote I got was NO WAY SLEEK! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back