Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh...dats painful. I was so excited to go for an Airtel IPTV connection. Now what!!...shud I go for MTNL? I reside in South Delhi.

hah. if you are going for iptv. i bet mtnl is going to be worse compared to airtel. :)

TRUE. But what is the other better option if I need a TV and broadband connection? What would u suggest? I need good speed and my budget is not more than 1000 bucks a month for both of them.FYI - I have a Tata Indicom postpaid landline connection. (if this matters/helps)

Rather surprised at the experiences posted here, has Airtel officially launched in Delhi ?Seems thier 2 yrs of beta testing has not added much to the experience.

yeap! thats the strangest thing. they tested it for so long in some areas of gurgaon and yet it is not stable enough. the internet works fine so it's not a problem with the wiring at my place. there is no option in the set top box to see the signal quality being received by the set top box so i have no way to find out what the problem could be.

Would be good if you could include some screen grabs of the GUI, remote etc

never mind, found the (stickied) thread :whistle:

very comprehensive :)

Airtel IPTV has turned into a painful experience. It is guaranteed to be down 99.2% of the time. I have never been able to watch a channel for more than 5 minutes in the past 7 days. Its so bad, its pathetic. An Airtel engineer comes to my house every 2nd day, camps for over 1 hour talking to various people, tinkering with settings etc. and goes away. Things are back to square one.I have one recommendation: DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO AIRTEL IPTV, UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE GUINEA PIGS FOR EXPERIMENTATION. Also, one could wait for Reliance IPTV. As per their site, it contains more features out of the box.In spite of this, I will persist for the next month to see if things improve, and will inform when they do.

Get the feeling the IPTV branch is run by differrent ppl than the touchtel side.But then look what the touchtel ppl have sprung on us :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back