Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
everything sounded familiar to me. the menus such. epg seems to have disappeared for a lot of channels. but time shift tv rules. :)

just an update. EPG is missing from some channels.yesterday's programming is totally missing from Time Shift on Star World! cannot understand what is going on.

Well, the past three days have been horrible for me, with serivce out for most hours including prime time. Whenever available some of the channels are missing, sometimes audio disappears and time shift is not available most of the time.Further, with the absurd changes in broadband plans and policies, including withdrawal of some unlimited plans, it seems Airtel is out to kill their hard earned reputation

i faced issues with time shift today as well. for around 20 minutes, it was impossible to watch any kind of programming whether from time shift or from regular programming. it got ok after a while. but it's sad and disgusting.

Hi,

Well my IPTV was installed today, so I thought I would also share my short experience with the service and my views on some of the things discussed:

I had an existing broadband connection with unlimited 512kbps plan and opted for the Rs.399/- pack

First of all, thanks for a very informative post.
How does this compare with Tata Sky+ or DishTV DVR (which was launched about two years back and withdrawn).
I am currently using DishTV DVR and I find the following features very useful.
- About 80GB HDD in my STB of which about 40 gig is available for recording. Gives me a fair amount of recording space. (Does this IPTV STB has an inbuilt HDD?).
- Timer recording (I can go out for weeks without missing that important match or movie).
- Twin tuner. I have used a quad LNB and connected each tuner separately. Hence I can view and record any pair of channel irrespective of the transponder and polarity.
- Pause (same as time shift)

The reason for my stating this is not to advertise DishTV. I am so pissed off with their pathetic service that I will kick them out the moment Airtel launches its DVR for their DTH or they launch IPTV with equivalent features (in Bangalore).

Any input on the above questions from existing IPTV consumers will be highly appreciated.

- About 80GB HDD in my STB of which about 40 gig is available for recording. Gives me a fair amount of recording space. (Does this IPTV STB has an inbuilt HDD?).No, but they have time shift channels. You get access to past 7 days programming on these channels without the need for manual recording. The data is stored on Airtel servers and are fetched from there. 12 channels are currently available in Time Shift. - Timer recording (I can go out for weeks without missing that important match or movie).For Time Shift channels, EVERYTHING is available. - Twin tuner. I have used a quad LNB and connected each tuner separately. Hence I can view and record any pair of channel irrespective of the transponder and polarity.Nope. - Pause (same as time shift)works on channels which are in time shift category.

alright. the whole wonderful experience is now a thing of the past. the service has become a painful experience for me.every evening the quality of transmission goes down the drain. time shift becomes practically useless... channels disappear. it looks like i am trying to watch something from a slow internet line... sucks.

they might have implemented Fair Usage Policy on IPTV line, more u view, more bandwidth is used and hence they implement FUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back