Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Dish DTH and I am really not staisfied. I also need reagional channels as well. Cable guy in my area is offering me all imprtant channels (approx 120) at Rs. 150/- without any instalation charge. I am seriously planing to go ...

I tried this but there are just too many problems with the local cable operators: power outages(for ppl who have inverters etc), customer care, very slow repair in case of breakdown & not to mention the Quality !I have bsnl iptv - most of the channels have blacked out, airtel/reliance wired don't have ports available in my region. so finally i fell for TS+ 1yr subscription: 10K [Rs.5,000(1YR SUBSCRIPTION) + Rs 4,999(for STB)]

There's hardly any advertising. I would not be surprised if IPTV flops. Most of the people I know (including techno savvy people) haven't even heard about it! :|

Airtel needs to do a much better job advertising the advantages of IPTV over conventional systems (CAS, DTH). Until it does that, it will only see subscribers few and far between.

i guess they are likely to offer either dth or iptv to customers depending upon who calls them. if some customer calls them and they already have a broadband connection from them, they would advise them to go for iptv.otherwise they would advice them to go for dth. this would however only work if the dth and iptv teams are the same. and they are smart enough to help out the customer in the end.

Airtel IPTV is not cheaper. Pls go through the complete details....they have launched combo offer...just segregate these and calculate the price individual....its same as DTH nothing less. They are making us fool.

Well you know now that IPTV is launched on 19th January 2009. Which answers the many question.

Still you have ay doubt feel free to contact me:rofl:

^ What plans are they going to come up with for existing broadband users? And what are the chances there will be an option to have connections for two TVs?

mmm they have already launched the 400 rupee a month plan for existing broadband customers :Pnow, how would they offer multiple iptv connections in a single home... that is an interesting question. wiring and splitters for each tv. set top box for each tv. is the telephone like capable enough of handling multiple iptv connections in addition to broadband and telephone :D

^ What plans are they going to come up with for existing broadband users? And what are the chances there will be an option to have connections for two TVs?

You can see the plan details available on below mentioned link
link:- "Digital TV from Airtel" :happy:

after paying 1200 bucks to the cable guy in december, i am still waiting for him to fix the star world feed on my television set. i had given him till today. if he does not fix the problem which i am sure he wont/cant.i would probably order this expensive shite tomm morning. jai ho india jai ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back