Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's exclusive of taxes. I said so myself.

So according to you, we will get:

[*]512Kbps Unlimited Internet
[*]IPTV with 145 Channels
[*]200 free voice pulses
[/list]All for Rs. 1499 + taxes per month?

That sounds great if it is true! Pls. confirm.

Also, what would be the STB cost, and would there be any special packages for your second/third TV?

i guess u'll be able to use only 1 connection to the TV as of now, atleast that the case with bsnl iptv. they have enough bandwidth to accommodate one IPTV connection for now i guess.

I know it's exclusive of taxes. I said so myself.

So according to you, we will get:

[*]512Kbps Unlimited Internet
[*]IPTV with 145 Channels
[*]200 free voice pulses
[/list]All for Rs. 1499 + taxes per month?

That sounds great if it is true! Pls. confirm.

Also, what would be the STB cost, and would there be any special packages for your second/third TV?

Rs 200 free call.

only

From what i know Airtel is using UTStarcom's Rolling Stream technology which is being used by BSNL and MTNL.And the main problem with this technology is... its User Interface is VERY ugly :| You can take MTNL's IPTV screenshots for example.And i am sure Airtel will also have same UI. I wish they had choosen Microsoft's Media Room ...which is being used by Reliance..It has AWESOME interface just like Vista :DAnyways Airtel's Service quality will over come all these glitches. So can anyone confirm when it will launch???Someone told here that they will launch on Jan 1st..is it true...:S

Any updates on the launch date?? Someone here told it will launch on Jan 1st :redface:

Had a chat with the Airtel guys today and they said they are planning to launch IPTV on January 26th.They were not willing to give details on the coverage area, tariff plans etc and said these are still being worked out. I live in Gurgaon and they said not all areas will be covered initially and they are still working out which areas can get IPTV in the initial launch.What surprised me though is that they said the cables are still being laid out. Dunno if this means that January 26th is also just a wishful date.....

oh well. gurgaon should have been covered. they have been testing iptv in some regions of gurgaon since years now. and i thought their broadband cables were already of good enough quality for iptv launch. they are launching a little too late. i got myself a cable connection waiting for them to arrive. looking at the dth packages they have for me, i have dropped all hopes of a decent iptv experience at a good price from airtel.

Had a chat with the Airtel guys today and they said they are planning to launch IPTV on January 26th.

They were not willing to give details on the coverage area, tariff plans etc and said these are still being worked out. I live in Gurgaon and they said not all areas will be covered initially and they are still working out which areas can get IPTV in the initial launch.
What surprised me though is that they said the cables are still being laid out. Dunno if this means that January 26th is also just a wishful date.....
bakwaaaas!!! They have been feeding us the same crap for years now.

Yeah I have sort of given up as well. Hopefully by the time I have children and they grow up, Airtel would have completed testing IPTV in Gurgaon.For now I am sticking with Hathway (renting STB) as I don't want to get tied into anyone's proprietary scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back