Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh 7%it usually happens if the wiring is disconnected as it says in the message. is the ethernet cable properly connected? is the IPTV light on the router on?

Wiring was all right.I called CC. They did some stuff at their end and then told me to restart the modem/STB.After that, IPTV has started working again! phew! :) I need a beer. Badly! :dance:

i would someday start a forum thread or a blog post: 'how marriage made me go bald'.

Just got my IPTV connection!..Had received a call from one of their agents. I dont mind paying 1750 bucks for the STB. It just took them 2 days to install the STB. I use my LCD as a monitor, so they hardly needed to do any wiring. I requested them to wire my other floor for the service as I might discard my DTH connection on the other tv in the future. However, the guy informed me that the CAT5 cable can only be installed indoors and I would have to move my entire setup there. He replaced my wifi modem with a new beetel router and installed the STB. It took him just half an hour to get it up and running.The white STB is sleek , although the remote gives a plasticky feel.The audio and video quality are not bad but there is some amount of visible pixelation. Channel switching takes long when compared to Tata Sky or even Airtel's own satellite based digital TV. Sometimes the response time to the Menu and Guide functions are very long and unresponsive. But the most exciting feature is no doubt the Time Shift feature! Loved the fact that I can watch all the shows that I missed any time as per my own convenience!..A wide variety of channels are available on Time Shift and it is much better than recording shows on a personal DVR. A lot of features are still not available. Some channels display the message 'you have not subscribed'. Radio and quick view are also not available. Overall the Airtel service is the icing on the cake but overall the unresponsiveness of the software limits the mainstream adoption. My folks would definitely get irritated if they have to deal with this STB, they love their Tata Sky!

Some channels display the message 'you have not subscribed'.

well they do not have any top-ups so this message comes on channels which were simply discontinued.

Awlryt..They should add World Movies, WB and Lumiere plus VH1 should also be included in Time shift..dunno if they seriously take feedback from users in this regard..

well they have not really added any general channel. :D so i do not like that part as well. i think they used to have world movies. not sure though. but i have learnt to live without these channels. :) they just might add them ANY day now. i do not tend to complain about the lack of new channels considering what they are giving in 220 bucks is well much better than ANY DTH company in india.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back