Airtel IPTV Ownership Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter urb0nd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 246
  • Views Views 128,177
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey there brother. did u call up the airtel IPTV guy or CC to get an upgrade or remote replacement to the universal one. what did they say?? (Hope they upgraded it free of cost.)I dont even know where to reach the customer care when i call the customer care 12150 from mobile it keeps going into some or the other loop to enter phone number or account number etc. thanks !!

well the response i got was that they do not have spare universal remotes. so the replacements for existing customers is the same old remote that is not a universal one.

it's not free if the old remote is functional or damaged intentionally :) they said Rs. 200 which is not a big deal.

since i have already tried, it would be cool if you try on your own and see if they are now offering the replacement even for the above mentioned cost!

just send an email to [email protected]

i finally found a number for Airtel IPTV support line it is +91-11-4444 1111 or u can dial +91-11-4444-4111 from a mobile phone. it is showing up a little sumwhere in airtel iptv website. i called them up and they said if your old remote is damaged or not working and it is just accidental and not intentional they would replace it with the new (upgrade) one. they dint mention anything about intentional damage to it by the user and the Rs. 200 damage charge etc.

I also asked them when are they coming with HD for IPTV and they had no answer or update on the same. The airtel IPTV support line call is routed to Bhopal, M.P.

You might want to post it or update the Airtel IPTV Support line number all over the forum.

i have filed another request with the airtel customer support.

they called back. they would confirm by tomorrow morning if they can provide me a universal remote.

at a cost of course coz my existing remote is working and i am asking for a new one. and not a replacement for a defective unit. :)

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

HD for IPTV is unlikely to come sooner or later. just because the quality of lines are not even capable of supporting two feeds on one connection.

technically, it should easily be able to handle HD quality streaming. but sadly. it does not appear like that.

people have stated that iptv stream is not good quality on screens larger than 30-35 inches.

i use it on a 29" CRT. cannot say it is crystal clear. but it is not too bad.

another update.

this time around i got a call from some guy from their corporate office. i think this call was from a senior management guy.

he had the same story. i would have to check with my team regarding this and i would call you back.

but he said something really interesting.

from what i have checked right now, we are not giving the replacements to any customers. but i need to find out why we have that policy.

looks like the company has NO policy in place regarding providing the new universal remote to customers who were not provided with one in the first place.

i can only hope that they decide on reverting this stance and they offer the new updated remote to customers seeking them!

i got another call today.

the response was positive in nature.

they can give me the universal remote. but they have not decided the pricing of it!

i am supposed to get another call tomorrow with the pricing details.

this is some progress after so much effort just to get a freaking remote.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

i do hope that they do not charge more than Rs. 200 for it. i mean i was actually promised by the installation guys back in feb 2009 that the universal remote would be provided for free. but they never offered it by themselves.

buy a harmony remote and forget the stupid airtel remote...i got the 1100 and no problems till date

ooh. so you mapped all the features of the iptv remote to buttons on your harmony remote? :|

you just have to put the model no. of your stb and it does for you for most of the functions....whatever you need more you can always train the remote for it. :). but get it from someone coming in from US as its way cheaper there than here, and works fine with 220V no converters required

ah well. its not that big of a deal for me. i do not watch tv at all. wife watch it for a couple of hours at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back