Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

@Chip i have gone through this process myself. The technician needs to call the backend team and update the parameters. It becomes a manual process.

@rajil.s the issue is I am not sure whether these fellows will allow me to use a non-Airtel ONT. If it was possible I'd have bought a new ONT that is under my control. Let me ask the tech/engg. Thanks for the suggestion BTW.

@rajil.s the issue is I am not sure whether these fellows will allow me to use a non-Airtel ONT. If it was possible I'd have bought a new ONT that is under my control. Let me ask the tech/engg. Thanks for the suggestion BTW.
The ONT should be an 'Airtel' ONT from a previous customer. 8145v5 is the model number. It will come up in their database.

I dont think they will accept non Airtel ONT.

@rajil.s yeah that's the issue. How do I idenfity an Airtel ONT when purchasing? Any ideas where to buy it i.e. online store etc?

OLX is where I picked up mine. The 8145v5 is most used by Airtel and the device usually has a sticker of Airtel on it. Look at the photos.

I'm using airtel broadband with Nokia G-140W-C router from Andhra Pradesh. Not getting Ipv6 address. Waiting for a long time for Ipv6. I seen many threads saying airtel providing Ipv6 a year back but still I didn't seen it.

@Aashish.007 ok spoke to the local engineer he said they don't have the Huawei but Dasan as an alternative. This model is given to 1 Gbps plan customers and due to the issues with speed I downgraded back to 300 megs. But he said he would try. Does the Dasan offer some flexiblity? And yes he said aftermarket ONTs are a strict no-no because they are not compatible with their zero touch app and cannot be configured for the network.

Back