Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

@Aashish.007 uh ok, I am not sure if they have a Huawei here, only Nokia and Dasan. Let me see. I am on a static IPv4 for now.

@tatyasky yes bro I am. It is valid till mid Dec at which time I will take a call to continue at 1 Gig or drop back to 300 Mbps. It all depends on the pricing offered. If you remember I upgraded because they offered an 'upgrade' discount back in Sept.

@Aashish.007 I am not sure if the Dasan is unlocked. Also, since it is bridge mode why does it need the ONT's WAN setting to be set to IPv4/v6? that WAN profile is only applicable to the ONT itself and possibly its TR-069 profile. LAN port 4 which is bridged should not get affected by this.

I know it shouldn't but it does. Even in my Huawei ont while setting up the bridge profile it asks me if it should be ipv4 or ipv4/ipv6. Only when the latter is selected will i get ipv6.

@rajil.s I am not sure if that is allowed? Because one would need to register the aftermarket ONT MAC and possibly serial # with Airtel before it becomes functional. They take these details from the service engg. before registering their own ONTs on the network.

Airtel engineers use something called a Airtel Onetouch app to configure the ONT and that is the only way to set WAN config details on the Nokia 2425-A

Back