Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

PPPoE is a v4 only connecitivity (in this case) and we're requesting a DHCP lease through it. Look at the screenshots I sent earlier.

@GordonFM tried the settings with my router they don't work, but that's probably because Airtel is yet to roll out IPv6 in my area of the city. Oh well, back to v4 then.

PPPoE is a v4 only connecitivity (in this case) and we're requesting a DHCP lease through it. Look at the screenshots I sent earlier.

That is incorrect. If you use D-Link Covr 1100 router, it can dial PPPoE via IPv6. I have tried it with MTNL FTTH and succeeded with IPv6 only connection. But that is impractical because then all IPv4 only sites don't load. It mostly depends on whether your router has that capability or not.

@Aashish.007 what PD value did you use and which part of Pune do you live in? I live in the Eastern part of the city. Can you share the settings on your router?

@Aashish.007 sorry bro but nearly everytime I click on a link at this forum I am forwarded to a site called cue links. No idea why. Can you share the image as an attached jpg please or tell me settings in text format?

Back