Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

does ipv6 picking on its own or modifications still needed on user end

I guess everyone is getting /64 only. /128 is device level ip address. Not sure who got /32.
Why would airtel giveaway that many ip address to each customer.

Can someone confirm if ipv6 assignments are happening on their copper VDSL as well? Currently using their 777vr1 which is bridged to a Mikrotik. Router can't seem to find any address at all.

pGmWFuL.png

Edit: Could it be that I need to input a static ipv6 for I'm having static ipv4 and not on their PPPoE discovery?

Last edited:
I guess everyone is getting /64 only. /128 is device level ip address. Not sure who got /32.
Why would airtel giveaway that many ip address to each customer.
So some are getting just 1 IP (/128) but others are getting /64 and even /32?
i don't know what is going through the heads of these guys, first they put us behind ipv4-cgnat (Delhi-NCR)
from then on i was getting /64 address in my router so my device were able to receive an ipv6 address, but since past 2 days, weirdly, i am getting a /128 address in my router and as a result, none of my devices are getting an ipv6 address.

i highly doubt they will give anyone a /32 address when they aren't giving even /48 (or /56) address. since /32 address blocks are assigned by IANA to ISPs themselves...

KMb7qkW.png

i highly doubt they will give anyone a /32 address when they aren't giving even /48 (or /56) address. since /32 address blocks are assigned by IANA to ISPs themselves...

KMb7qkW.png
The device level ip is a /128 but the ipv6 pd is /64. Sometimes I get only the /128 device ip then I have to restart to get the /64 pd working again.

Can someone teach me to add images in posts?

All delhi people getting v6 here my router only gets ipv4 public one whenever i change settings it doesn't fetch ipv6 addrs and once reboot the default profile is replaced with modified one

Back