Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

@MadAxe so finally on xstream. So what was the initial cost to get that dasan router?

Can someone confirm if ipv6 assignments are happening on their copper VDSL as well? Currently using their 777vr1 which is bridged to a Mikrotik. Router can't seem to find any address at all.

pGmWFuL.png

Edit: Could it be that I need to input a static ipv6 for I'm having static ipv4 and not on their PPPoE discovery?

You can get ipv6 on router os by only requesting "address" and not preffix. You also need to have DHCPv6 selected in your airtel router. Have been unable to move forward on assigning ipv6 on devices connected to mikrotik router.

Aren’t these modems supplied by Airtel? Can’t Airtel simply push the v6 settings directly towards these routers?

Yes they can and i think someone got it done from airtel by sending mail. But not easy to get right person in airtel. It's sheer luck.

Ipv6 is hit and miss. Sometimes i get it on every modem reboot. Other times it doesn’t fetch ipv6 at all. But when ipv6 gets assigned it works fine

In my router ipv6 is showing connected but on devices when i test ipv6 connectivity on website it shows no ipv6 why?

Hey everyone,

I've recently switched to Airtel. Until the last week, I had a stable ipv6 connection working. Suddenly for no reason, it got disconnected.
I ran a simulation on the router for ipv6 and found an error message saying that "Receive DHCPv6 Advertise timeOut". Can anyone please explain to me in layman's terms what is message is indicating. Has it been disabled from the ISP side? This is a continuation of my previous post here.

Port: LAN4
Port State: Complete
Simulation Type: PPPoE
Retry Times: 3
Authentication Type: Auto
Username: ******
Password: ******
Result: Failed
Failed Reason: Receive DHCPv6 Advertise timeOut
IPMode: IPv6
AuthCode:
IPv6IPAddress: ::