Airtel is rolling out IPv6 on their wired broadband services

For the past few weeks, I'm receiving IPV6 address locations from Bhopal, Punjab, Gurgaon, Delhi, etc. It's really f**king up DNS servers and resolution for me.

@nishantt6969

ssss.png

Trust me, Airtel's support don't know their a$$es from their elbows. :D When I called in Sept 21 about v6 roll out the character I spoke to was like "Huh?! What's that?" Don't expect answers from them because they only parrot the official line. Talk directly to a backend guy or one of the techs who install the modem etc they may know.

One more thing, check if your personal router's IPv6 settings to /64. Which one do you use? Not sure if it has granular control over settings.
I belive jio's support is worse than airtel. I asked for jio centrum username and password to log in to the router. They apparently don't know that one can access the router. Too frustrating to talk to them. All they know that there is an app called "my jio" and nothing else.

@iwantfreeinternet If my experience with Jio for mobile is anything to go by then yes, it is worse than Airtel or Tata Play. As I said before all these call centre staff read from a prepared script on the phone and email replies are templated too. Don't expect thinking power there.

@JB701 I think they will slowly move all subscribers to CG-NAT. The reason is the shift to v6 and of course to encourage people to pay up for a static IP if they need a public v4. Hey, they want some extra $ you know. :)

Well their subs base is swelling really fast. And they need it for enterprise customers too. I don't blame them. Atleast ipv6 is there to rescue.

Back