****airtel people**** ****are they watching you****

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 11,045
QUOTE(thom1111 @ Apr 9 2007, 11:07 PM) [snapback]86871[/snapback]
hitman actually the point is that it is not all users that are facing this problem
its those who are on night unlimited (99 topup)
i called airtel on tht one n gve them good scold on how unprofesional it i to do these things
n told them to give same speed for the entire time[/b]
so wat was da result ,did u get your speed back?
so airtel guys r doing dis on purppose?
i have been facing dis since last 2 weeks........

oh ma ma mia , me 2 have exactly same plan n after reading ur post i also realised tat if i reboot ma modem then again ma speed jumped 2 512kbps in 3 or 4 minutes but the reason i cant tell , so pls all u xperts pls hlp both guys me n thom1111 thnx a lot

It's strange to imagine an airtel employee sitting around and exacting revenge against downloaders by limiting an IP addresses' speed. I also don't think there's a s/w that does this since not all torrenters are affected.
A simple explanation wuld be that there's just something awry with the link.

heh. at our place we face temporary hassles with torrents. generally everything works fine.

guys can u pls tell me a link 4 a good english movie file size 700mb ,good speed site, cos according 2 ma information d speeds will only get slow down in a torrent file as ,it uses both upload n download ,ie more bandwidth used , ma information says tat if i download 4m a url ie http than i should b gettin 500kbps after 9 pm , i just need 2 check tat, i think then there v cud b betta understand this problem ,thank u.

umm you are asking for trouble here mate. we dont share pirated media links here.

I have a theory.I think piracy in terms of distribution of large media files over the internet will never stop. It's a nexus between ISPs and pirates because the average user at home cannot differentiate between a 256kbps connection and 8mpbs connection when checking emails, chatting and even voice conferencing.Its only when we start to download large files like video and other large media we feel the need for speed.And once any ISP any where in the world starts to block IP addresses to prevent spread of media files, customer will drop like flies.Yes, I realize that many people don't use their high speed connections to download anything thats' pirated and those people will still be happy if the aforementioned IP addresses are blocked, but realistically, how big a piece of the market pie do these people represent?Bear in mind that I'm talking about the home user and not the corporate sector. Thats a totally different ball game altogether.Just my two cents.

I have a theory.

I think piracy in terms of distribution of large media files over the internet will never stop.

It's a nexus between ISPs and pirates because the average user at home cannot differentiate between a 256kbps connection and 8mpbs connection when checking emails, chatting and even voice conferencing.

Its only when we start to download large files like video and other large media we feel the need for speed.

And once any ISP any where in the world starts to block IP addresses to prevent spread of media files, customer will drop like flies.

Yes, I realize that many people don't use their high speed connections to download anything thats' pirated and those people will still be happy if the aforementioned IP addresses are blocked, but realistically, how big a piece of the market pie do these people represent?

Bear in mind that I'm talking about the home user and not the corporate sector. Thats a totally different ball game altogether.

Just my two cents.
Well said. File sharing is the biggest thing on the internet and any attempt to regulate it would reduce internet as it is now. Movie associations and recording studios in america are pushing for users who indulge in piracy to be tried in the court and there have been a few cases as well. The isp and pirates nexus sounds a bit far fetched but if users start getting blocked or tried by law then that particular isp will obviously lose many of current and potential users. Piracy can never be curbed coz people will always find a way around to do it.

I disagree about the speed only being important when it comes to downloading stuff. What about avid surfers ? What about people who blog ? What about people watching online videos , ex. youtube ? Surfing the internet with a fast connection is simply amazing. Internet is evolving and it needs speed to complement it.

Back