Airtel recharge failed but money deducted from Bank A/C

• Thread starter Thread starter samx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 20,481
ISP
Alliance Broadband
I normally recharge through Paytm but don't what went wrong with my damn head that I tried recharging with the airtel website. Every thing went great as i tried to recharge my "1 day" old ported airtel number with Rs.200. But as soon as I received a paymnet complete message from my bank a/c airtel shows "Sorry transaction failed, try again later". what? Now money is deducted from my bank but balance in my mobile is same. I did receive a Txn ID in mobile prior to the transaction.

Now what to do?
will i get an automatic refund or do i have to start licking the customer care's asses? anybody has any idea? very bad first impression regarding airtel :/
PS- It was my mom's phone which was ported to airtel from tata docomo just yesterday. now i regret it

should come back automatically. keep all the records safe. send a mail to airtel presence to get it in their attention.

newly ported numbers... best is to stay with at shop recharges for a few days. and then a small test recharge online :D

when i shifted from postpaid to prepaid (airtel to airtel).

They shifted it in 10hrs or so.

I was able to receive calls.

But their online system at some places will accept number as prepaid but at other places (myAccount) it would still keep saying that its not prepaid number.

It took total around 36hours for everything in place.

Till that time, I made sure that I survive with ZERO rupees balance!!

I did not recharge a single rupee till all their system KNEW that its prepaid number.

should come back automatically. keep all the records safe. send a mail to airtel presence to get it in their attention.

newly ported numbers... best is to stay with at shop recharges for a few days. and then a small test recharge online :D
Thank you for your reply! I Recharged yesterday with rs100 and rs 63 for call rate cutter yesterday only through Paytm and that worked great! But today I tried to do a 200rs Recharge from myairtel account and this happened :/ i guess i will wait a while... Also mailed the customer care team

Back