Airtel to launch 4G in 3rd week of March!

• Thread starter Thread starter shashankre
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 11,294
Hmm . . . .correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Airtel, as well as almost all 3G operators in India already on HSPA. HSPA+ just requires an upgrade to MIMO. And most 3G devices are HSPA+ compatible. I think users have reported seeing the HSPA+ sign on their devices in India already. LTE devices . . . is there any LTE device available for sale in India. 3G devices were available long before 3G was launched. And I guess that a very large percentage of 3G phones available already support HSPA+.

Am I missing something obvious, or is it much much simpler and cheaper for operators to go 4G via a HSPA+ rebranding vs a complete new LTE ecosystem, given the huge roll out cost they have incurred with the 3G roll out and an absolute abysmal response to 3G plans.

well u almost got it completly wrong...:friendlywink:

whether ops like Airtel etc have HSDPA,HSPA,HSPA+ simply doesn't matter. They presently have this in 2.1 ghz band and the entire device gamut in India is based on this band. That is your 3G ready phones and dongles work in this band. Now BWA operators have won spectrum in 2300 Mhz(2.3 ghz) band, so if they even launch HSPA+ in that band our devices simply won't work. They will not pick any signals altogether.

Now here if Airtel tries to do something 'out of mind' and tries to develop device gamut for HSPA in 2.3 Ghz band it will be a suicide. Why? Simple answer 'scale of economies'. It will have to ask device manufacturers like zte,Huawei,Nokia etc etc to specially make devices in that band. Again cost will go horrendously up for this specific & custom made devices. for example if tomorrow a company comes up with CD's double the size of present it will also have to invest, persuade device/CD drive manufacturers to make double sized readers/writers. The costs will naturally go up bcoz of negative economies of scale.

Hence LTE is best choice and cheaper too....:triumphant:

hope u got it now...:angelnot:

mukesh is known for quality and not price war?

do you remember when reliance launched their mobile services, the company was owned by mukesh and not anil.

anil just inherited it.

I know but price of 1 st reliance black and white mobile was around 10000+ as per i know.

Reliance Infotel is in hand of Mukesh. Who is known for quality and monopoly not for price war.

Reliance Infotel is in hand of Mukesh. Who is known for being a thief, monopolist and offering cheap substandard services for initiating pseudo price war.

Fixed that for you.

Reliance Infotel is in hand of Mukesh. Who is known for being a thief, monopolist and offering cheap substandard services for initiating pseudo price war.

Fixed that for you.

Thanks..

It is pathetic that we cannot have decently fast internet services in Delhi. I'm paying 800 Rs for Tata Wimax 400 kbps connection now.

My area in Delhi has network congestion for all wireless networks. Have wasted enough money trying every possible operator. Don't wish to go for MTNL and Airtel sucks here. Final hope is Reliance wireline. Lets see. Have applied for one.Coming back to the main topic, it is third week of March now. Any update on 4G?

Back