Airtel V-Fiber: Airtel Broadband's 100 Mbps DSL internet service

• Thread starter Thread starter RajanP
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 183
  • Views Views 48,385
Save for the copper line to the house, is Airtel infrastructure enough for high capacity? If it is, Airtel can provide pretty good deal if they can give Upload above 10mbps. Not many people need above 40mbps DL anyway. Airtel footprint is huge, and later they can upgrade to fiber.

Also, always thought the Airtel static IP thing was a temp glitch or a marketing tactic. Feel sad to know I missed on years of UL internet. I'd still try Airtel if it works.

max rate you can download or upload at.

Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 50373
Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 14496

^ this

Ask airtel to change you to 40mbps plan. You can easily get 40+ mbps DL while upload speed(speedtest) is already near upstream sync rate.
He is already at the border line for a stable connection. Setting anything beyond 18-20mbps downstream would make the SNR fall below 6db thus resulting in a reboot/drop loop. The max he can ask for is 20mbps but i don't think airtel would have any customised 20mbps plan.

He is already syncing at 50mbps enough for 40mbps speed, why would snr fall below the current limit?
His lower speed is because Airtel is doing so from backend.

You only looking at snr only, compare both sync rate & snr both.

Save for the copper line to the house, is Airtel infrastructure enough for high capacity? If it is, Airtel can provide pretty good deal if they can give Upload above 10mbps. Not many people need above 40mbps DL anyway. Airtel footprint is huge, and later they can upgrade to fiber.

Also, always thought the Airtel static IP thing was a temp glitch or a marketing tactic. Feel sad to know I missed on years of UL internet. I'd still try Airtel if it works.

I don't doubt their capabilities w.r.t to the capacity and don't think they would have any plans to implement FTTH in the near future. They have already implemented the FTTN taking the advantage of vectorisation and last mile copper from the node to the houses. You can easily achieve 25mbps UL on the latest vdsl2+ plans.

I think if it chokes, we will see speed drops from 40mbps in peak hours where FUP is high

Enable back the dhcp done on step 4 and try again.
If still not working then roll back step 2 also.

I think that tutorial is valid if both devices are TP-Link only.

Yeah, tried with DCHP enabled and still IPs weren't being assigned.

Any idea how to get it work? Or how to make the TP-Link into a wireless repeater? I don't like seeing it not being used...

Like igloo said it might work only between TP-Link devices. You could try plugging in the Cat 5e/6 cable from Huawei to the WAN port in TP-Link and set the Internet access as Dynamic.

Back