Airtel Xstream Broadband connection down since last 8 days, no contact from team yet

ISP
AIRTEL
This is my first post here, please guide me if I violate any posting rules. The issue started on August 8th when the services suddenly went down at night, I raised a complaint on August 9th through the app. Before that, I had a similar outage from July 11-18 and August 2-5. The engineer to whom the case is assigned has neither called nor visited the premises yet, and I have made over 25+ calls to their customer service desk over the past week, talked to over 15 Junior support agents and around 7 supervisors each time asking the reason behind such delay but each time they have given me the same jargon that they have escalated the situation and the escalation team will contact me in 4 working hour and your issue will be resolved in 24 hours. However, I have only received one call from the team and that's on August 11th assuring me that the services will be up by 6 pm on the same day and as you can see it hasn't. The support always makes the excuse that they have no means of contacting the escalation team or the technician team and each time they give me the same lip service to wait for the next 24 hours, the escalation team will contact and the engineer will visit me

The issue is confirmed to be limited to my modem or pole box since you can't raise a complaint on the airtel app in case there is an outage in the area. I'm quite fed up right now and have spent over 1000 INR on boosters, 50 more than what I am paying them for in monthly services. So what actions should I take now?

Edit 1: As suggested by someone I have made a tweet discussing the issue. Please retweet if possible.

Last edited:
This tells that Airtel is now feeling like nobody can beat them. Really guys this has became the new attitude of Airtel. Seeing many users leaving it and having nation wide complaints. If this remains the same then I'm sure they're gonna fall really hard in wireline segment.

Last edited:
Yea that is airtel for you. Customer Service is absolutely useless and if there is a cable issue it's not under the jurisdiction of the engineer.
Your best bet would be to catch hold of the local airtel team and get the issue resolved or just change your ISP.
Airtel needs some serious kick in the butt and have a wake-up call.

Airtel doesn't give 2 hoots nowadays about their customers. I am not sure what triggered this change in a company that was once upon a time an organisation focussed on customer satisfaction. It is a recent change mind you. So if they've been keeping you hanging in mid air without a resolution just look at alternatives if possible.

I must say. Where these top tier ISP's stop. Smaller ISP's like excitel shine. Really these days they've improved a lot. I hope Airtel does the needful and once again start providing good services. Else I don't know what's gonna happen to them...

As @Lolita_Magnum & @Chip said 🤣

I'd suggest getting the local person's number who visited earlier or visit next time. Calling/Tweeting is absolutely a waste of time. Someone removed my fibre cable from the pole. I had to call the guy who visited last time and he came very next morning and fixed it. I paid him a little for the next time

Engineer not contacting for several days after complaint has been raised is now a common trait with airtel.
I have faced it myself a number of times. Also I was once without internet because there was a local problem at my end but there also was airtel outage simultaneously going on, during which they did not allow me to raise a request. This is useless practice and later when I raised a request, they assumed that it was because of outage and never contacted me.
I wrote to appellate and ceo gopal dot vittal at airtel dot com and then they looked into it.
Consider changing your ISP and when retention team will call you, tell them how disappointed you are with airtel and enjoy how they will make fake promises that they will improve. They are not committed to improve at all.

Airtel got an ARPU boost without much resistance, and they know they can raise it again many times without any resistance.
Only when their stocks prices go down, they care about customers.

Back