Second time unlucky - Airtel down since last 3 days

I have availed Tata Play but I still have not disconnected Airtel.
As far as Tata Play is concerned, if it's better or worst only time will tell.

But I share outright my dissatisfaction with Tata Play.
I asked profound technical queries which the sales person could not answer. He then connected me to his senior tech expert.
He assured me that in the provided router I will be able to set Bridge Mode and DHCP reservation.
I want both these features. However to my surprise the Nokia router has both these features locked.
I tried chrome inspect element hack but it does not work, the text boxes & save button unlock but when I save it, all it says is that user is not allowed to perform this operation.
I am in discussion with that sales person because he is witness to my tech discussions with his manager.
He has assured me a solution but so far they are not much responsive.
At present Internet is critical for my WFH as company has forced me to WFH for some days due to seating space crunch in the office building.
I am keeping Tata play as backup for now. Will decide after 2 - 3 months which is better.
Airtel has been good but I am amazed at there poor management of things in last one year or so. Service and support has significantly degraded.

Just curious, as to why bridge mode is your point for dissatisfaction, and why do you even need it for work?

Yes I understand your point. The concern is that they told me wrong information and gave me fake assurance to grab a customer.
I only need internet for work but I am a networking enthusiast who likes to create my own home network with my own high end router.
Moreover no dhcp reservation means for my printer to work I need to manually feed the IP addr.
Also for my desktop to be remotely powered on, and RDPed it needs a fixed private ip. So everywhere I need to manually setup IP4.

It's strange that tech experts in Tata fiber feel Static DHCP & Bridge mode are a problem and hence it's disabled at firmware level.
I can understand bridge mode to some extent because if you don't know what u r doing u might end up losing internet connectivity when setup in wrong way.
Let me give them (Tata) some time to see if they have a workable solution!

image.png

I think today you issue will be resolved :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
if your problem is solved then you want to get concession of that days if you call them. i got till date about 9 days. here also same problem. :-(

Airtel after lot of writing to them have given me waiver of 5 days. But they created a wrong shifting request to process this issue so they charged me Rs 300 in bill as shifting charges.
I called customer care and the manager by mistake only gave me waiver of 177.
Remaining 177 I have to take in next bill.

At present I am on both Tata & Airtel, will decide in sometime what to keep.

At least I appreciate Airtel customer care for honest continuity from past month to this month. I got remaining 177 excess in this bill.
However as per last interaction the CC manager had noted against my record that remaining 177 can be waived off in April.
When I called today the CC could verify that past note and she in her capacity promptly gave me remaining 177 waiver.

Back