All Channels now as A la carte in Tata Sky DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 16,654
Awesome move by Tata Sky irrespective of Governement / TRAI rules. The minimum sum for Make my Pack is Rs 150 which is pretty good. Can get rid of India TV. The only bad thing for Tata Sky is they will have to reduce the price of Mega Pack, since Rs 6000 pa seems very expensive and unnecessary. 12 Showcase movies is a lame offer considering many of the movies are launched around the same time its TV premieres are scheduled with the ads. Coming to think of it, many ads are more entertaining than the movies themselves :D

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

ah well. i can see that this mode would not be popular with a lot of folks. for me, it is pretty cool. as i do see a very limited number of channels. but in the end, you do go on channel surfing and find yourself landing on some good content on a channel you usually do not see.

would be worth it to see how this turns out in the future.

Admin no offence to you or anyone else here. Just voicing my opinion.

But, are we guys ever gonna be happy? First we wanted a la carte packs. Now that Tata Sky has finally launched it today, we now will voice more reasons to not want it at all?! :D

heh. i am not saying that it's not good. it's just that it has arrived way too late. a lot of folks would probably be stuck on long term packages. and i am not sure how this works out for people who are not 'online'. how would they manage their alacarte channel packages? in the end, someone had to start it first. i hope in the future... customers would be able to subscribe offline too... i believe internationally, companies provide a form every month with all channel names. and they get to submit ticking the ones they want for that month.

I think everyone wud come up with similar offer in a month.

I am damn sure, TS will put Ads/previews of programs of these channels for those who are not subscribed to it. So, if something attracts, that customers will automatically add that channel to the A la catre list :)

one interesting thing though. they are charging for free to air channels :)

I guess the channels with # symbol are FTA but there is no price, is it charged?

there are few channels with # but i would assume that most news channels are FTA (aaj tak) and i also think all DD channels are FTA. :D

Actually for CAS, government had asked to charge some 80Rs for some number of FTA channels. May be TS is probably charging based on that.

Back