Amazon Prime Video App settings For 4K/HD video and 5.1 Audio

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul_15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 8,610
The pic which you had posted had the interface of the previous version of the app. When I had that, I could also view the resolution quality. But after the update (though I did not get any notification for it), the interface has changed a bit with regards to "X-ray" and "Audio/subtitles" option and the "HD /UHD" does not appear now.
Nope my friend. U and me have the same version. - 5.2.4 Pic attached. I can view the resolution on Amazon prime on my jio box without any problems.

Attachments

• version2.webp
    version2.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 299
This is the new interface... Please verify with your app once. Also can you see the resolution in your app along with the changed interface? IMG_20200629_174445__01.webp

Played the same movie Gulabo and can see the resolution displayed. Pic attached
I guess what i dont understand is - when both of our software version is the same, how can the interface be different?

Attachments

• pic7.webp
    pic7.webp
    75.5 KB · Views: 264
So turns out I have 5.2.4-googleplay-armv7a as well, with no resolution info. showing up. The new UI definitely lacks it, but I don't understand why the app's UI should be a server-side thing (if that's even possible)?

If you guys check the Jio Store page for the Prime Video app, what's the Last Updated Date shown? For me it's May 3, 2020.

On the Google Play Store the latest version is 5.2.17-googleplay-armv7a updated just a few days ago (which matches the fact that we recently received an update as well), and this review describes the new UI some of us are seeing. Perhaps we've actually got 5.2.17 but for some reason the older version number and date are still being displayed?

Last edited:
In my box:
Jio store page for Prime video app is showing
Version: 5.2.4-googleplay-armv7a
Last updated Date: May 3, 2020

As stated in the my earlier posts, I have the same software version as you all and I can see the resolution the Prime video is being played.
Gets more curious....

Last edited:
@gopichandpai: So you're saying different users see different UIs for the same Netflix app version as well? Personally never seen it happen so far. If they were trying to get feedback then such user testing would make sense, but that's not the case here so it's just weird.

So I guess @icecool20 you'll have to wait till Amazon decides to provide the new UI to you...

A/B testing is a normal thing that every tech company does to see which one tests positive to decide which direction to take. Google also does a lot of server update delivery. The latest Google Photos update was delivered without an app update this week for instance.

Back