Another good reason why Apple iOS devices should be avoided...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 11,739
the touch thing has already come to gingerbread through NFC.

as for revolutionary products. :D i see plenty of revolutionary mobile products from google :D

real time position of your friends on google latitude!
google voice search and commands.
3d google maps!

it is very easy to ignore what google powers on today's smartphones. even on Apple ios. though apple seems to be working hard on replacing google based services with their own. there are strong reports that google maps would soon be replaced with apple's own creation. they acquired a company involved in this field a while ago.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

google voice (the telephony service) is something that is pretty revolutionary. i mean it makes number portability look outdated and pathetic. i wish trai would invite them to india to offer it around here. :D

Now this is what I m talking about... You are just confusing what I mean by revolutionary & great... Finding ur frnds on latitude or 3d maps or voice commands are all great products but in no way revolutionary... Pls let me give u a few examples of things I consider revolutionary to give u a decent idea what I mean by my earlier comments

1) Windows was a revolutionary product coz it shaped our expectations of our GUI OS today.
2) Google was a revolutionary service coz its search bot's algorithms allowed it to bring back search results so quickly & efficiently that it changed the way we search the net.
3) Google Adsense/Adwords were revolutionary services coz they changed how we advertise or earn online & made online advertising a force to be reckoned with
4) Apple iPhone was NOT a revolutionary product but iOS & the App Store were
5) Apple Ipad belive it or not WAS a revolutionary product not coz of its spec or features but coz it created a whole new segment in the market which will see atleast 50 new tablets fight it out this year.
6)Itunes (ahh yes the much hated itunes) was a revolutionary service coz it changed the way we buy music & made music CDs obsolete (maybe not in India :P but definitely in developed countries)

These are but just a very few of the examples which I would term as revolutionary... As I have mentioned several times I feel Google has done an extraordinary job with its web services to make them ground breaking but I cannot say the same about Android... They are simply porting their PC based web services to Android(which is fantastic but not ground breaking)... I say it again Google is capable of doing something revolutionary in the mobile space & should not just play catchup with Apple...

frankly speaking i do not think Apple products are priced much higher these days even in india. you get a much better product with a much better software. but it is not for everyone.

i already own an ipod touch and a macbook. if my wife has her way, i might have to buy a macbook pro for her. :|

mmmm.... what about the price issue?
Isn't that a reason?

about price there are rumors that they are planning for 200 $ contract free version ...

comments from Apple Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook that Apple doesn't want its products to be"just for the rich"

it fueled speculation that the company is interested in offering a cheaper iPhone.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

i already own an ipod touch and a macbook. if my wife has her way, i might have to buy a macbook pro for her. :|

so battle between apple n google are there are your home itself :P

but yeah price are not much on higher side .... and there new launches (except ipad n iphone) are also available easily in indian market ...

Back