Another good reason why Apple iOS devices should be avoided...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 11,739
Haha that's what it is good for anyway. There is this guy at work who was showing off his iPhone 4 and bragging all types of shit. We were supposed to be going somewhere and I wasn't aware of the route. I was curious to see how the maps on iPhone look like. Our iPhone dude kept waiting for the slow GPRS (3G) to return some results, and my old warrior (Nokia) had already shown me the place and was trying to lock the satellite for navigation. He was like 'how is your network faster'? When I said it is offline, he shut up. Aah. Sweet.

You can even get offline maps on iPhone e.g. Sygic India from AppStore, and it works faster then Nokia :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can even get offline maps on iPhone e.g. Sygic India from AppStore, and it works faster then Nokia :)

Oh well I wasn't aware of it then. Is it free?

Oh well I wasn't aware of it then. Is it free?

It isn't free but you need to pay the price to get quality and performance :)

Cheers

It isn't free but you need to pay the price to get quality and performance :)

Cheers
Oh alright, though I don't quite agree that one necessarily needs to pay a price for quality if it is available for free

So finally my friend got his iPhone 4s from US. Now he is asking me to find a buyer for his year old Xperia X10 Mini Pro for atleast 5k (bought at 13-14) - I told him, its a 1-2 year old model which would be available at Naaptol, dealsforyou like sites for around 9-9.5 ... I am thinking if its worth getting a hand on to it for a bit lesser if possible ... And maybe do some rooting etc on this after using it for about 6 months... It has Android 2.1 only .... So any suggestions?

research about the device. see how good the custom mod development is. if you can get at least gingerbread, you should be good to go!

Yeah.. I am intending to do that.. I would be going for it for sure if I can get Gingerbread on it ... But having used it for a short while it does seem decent enough to be used even as a touchscreen feature phone instead of a smartphone...

Sony android devices are pretty good from what i know. not sure about this particular model. but for 5k, it is definitely a good option to pick over a feature phone if battery life is not a concern.

Battery-life should be ok I feel... As I intend to keep Wi-Fi switched off as I have no Wi-FI access at office & have the Playbook at home ... My friend also never used to keep Wi-Fi on & says it lasts exactly 1 day (80% drained) with live wallpaper on & about 1 hr of daily talking

Back