Anyone facing Intermittent disconnections of 1-5 mins?

• Thread starter Thread starter venkatachar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,487
From past 1-2 months I am facing intermittent internet disconnections. Earlier it was few and far between. Now a days it happens very frequently. The connection drops only for few minutes. When the connection drops, even the wifi of ONT drops. Anyone facing this issue?

Yeah. Frequent disconnection, high latency, and packet drops. There was a time when speed was the issue. But you know, even if BSNL gives us 100Mbps or more (think of 100Mbps as 10 Lane express highway, where they have the worst kind of routing and traffic flow control) you still reach the destination in the same duration as if you were on 4 lane highway with almost perfect traffic flow(or maybe faster?).

My analogy might be wrong but the routing and latency are big issues.

The latency is decent and not having packet loss. Its just the frequent disconnection. Wanted to know if this is a ONT issue or a backed one?

I have been seeing random periods where internet is down (no disconnection) and latency. My setup is bridged mode so it cant be the modem. Bascially periods where youtube will buffer when Im right next to the router. Happens with random sites. Started in last 7-10 days

Bro as far as I know, VRS was given to reduce the load on company and improve the performance. If they have to make this excuse then why did they opt for it.

@WandereR When there is a void suddenly, things will take to settle down. New processes have to come up and streamlined. I think BSNL did not expect the number of ppl opting for VRS would be so high
The FTTH backend helpdesk had 6-8 lines. Now no one answers it.
BSNL guys who come home to fix things rely on help desk to quickly test the different parameters.

Back