anyone using excitel fiber in 2023?

• Thread starter Thread starter iYuvrajMehta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,605
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Dasan H660GM-A
I'm currently an airtel fiber user planning to switch to excitel.
would any of you recommend switching to excitel fiber or better to stick to airtel fiber?

I am using Excitel Fiber since last December and there have been 3-4 major outages of 12 hours more or less(depends on what you call major). Apart from that, a steady network atleast in my area without any issues. I don't know if I would switch from Airtel though. Are there any issues with Airtel in your area??

airtel is pretty much crap here.
high pings, unstable asf and the customer service guy never agrees that there's an issue with there connection.
They're like " everything's ok from our end, check your hardware, there might be issue with your computer, laptop or phones.".

I have been using excitel in bangalore for a year now. No issues at all. May be I think I had one or two outages in the last year. I think it all depends on the lcos / franchisee of your area.

@Rhishav indeed, infact i got the call from their team leader and backend guy and they were in denial that there's no issue from there end and it's my device side issue and website's issue for slow internet speeds.
they asked me not to call the customer service and call them directly to get the issues resolved but they never pickup and when i raise a complaint, they never provide a solution.
I visited a nearby excitel office, the team leader was very polite and allowed me for a demo. Connection seemed to be fine, might get it installed in a day or 2.
Tarrif is comparatively cheaper than airtel but no android stb (the only con so far.).

Using excitel since last year november and mine is yearly plan for which i paid 5k in total :)
Have faced downtime for atleast once a month which is mostly fibre cut and it would take almost a day to get fixed ( like if i would inform them today evening then they will fix it by tommorow mrng) because it is served by LCO at my location
so I would say at this price it paisa vasool

Used excitel in the past. Works well when it works, LCO doesnt bother his ass whenever fiber is cut. I gave up on excitel and took airtel.

There are a lot of insightful threads on this forum about excitel fiber. Go through them and decide for yourself. I have never personally used excitel but afaik it comes with a lot of caveats. It works fine for an average user(Non IBF member 😉) who just streams netflix/YT, scrolling through social media and stuff. If you are a power user, planning to use it as your primary connection and your work depends on internet connectivity, then think twice. Don't expect good pings, routing or even a static IP. DNS hijacking is pretty common in excitel.
If you want those crazy 400 Mbps speedtests on Ookla and fast.com, then go for it. Ofcourse you will be able to download games and stuff pretty quickly but my point is don't switch ISPs blindly. Airtel has their routing and pings sorted for the most part, their CC support is very bad nowadays but the quality of connection is very good when it works.
In short, don't expect a quality connection for the price you pay. It is not meant to serve power users. Good as a secondary connection though.

Refer to this Thread for more insights.

Last edited by a moderator:
yee
i thought about that, being a power user dropped the plan of getting excitel.
will upgrade to airtel's 300mbps plan, the highest they offer in my area. Wonder when they'll offer 1gbps plans here.

Back