Apparently this FTTH problem happens to ONLY ME in the ALL of INDIA.

• Thread starter Thread starter Bolt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 21,264
Update : Been testing the new patch cord, he changed it from APC green to UPC blue, the link stays stable all the time although internet stops working at times.
So basically, earlier the link also disappeared when net didn't work, now simply the link stays there but internet doesn't.
He says he will get the system changed in this week, so hopefully it fixes the issue.
Did they set the MTU size to 1452 or 1454?
If not internet got hanged most of the time...

@Bolt
Does your problem solved? I am facing similar issue since past week, i m on Bharat Fiber(BSNL & BBNL mess). In the evening between 5:15-5:30 every day I see internet disconnect every 2mins and ONT line is stable at -30db. On system log I see PPP server detected message (every 2min) and router pulls a new IP address. I have Alphion AONT-1601 box.

First two days,I tried different ways to get my complaint register which is pain. Complaint is registered now but its been 3 days no call from technician or BBNL to check line.

Similar to you I don't have other option, nearest town is 5km and wireless option are not reliable.

@wind signal at negative 30 dBm is not stable at all.Tell your LCO to enhance the signal.It should be below 26 dBm at the very least numerically.

@Kick933 I am facing this issue since last week. earlier it was working fine both up/down speed were consistent in range of 45-50Mbps. These were value since the time connection was install.(almost 1.6yr)
Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 11.06.34 PM.png

My connection works during day time with same level.

Since this connection is maintain by CSC and own by BBNL, it is difficult to get hold of them if any issue with Fiber. I will try to get hold of someone from BBNL to check about optical level.

@Kick933 Today evening, I got hold of engineer from LCO, we check connectivity at my GP(gram panchayat 100m from my house), Optical level was -20 and we saw no issue in connection with my router there. He will bring slicing machine tomorrow and will replace the wire, as per him they will boost level at -25 which is exactly what you said. Hopefully this resolve issue. Thanks for guiding in right direction.

Yesterday On Friday, LCO team which do slicing and cabling came, first thing person who do slicing notice in GP Green color socket are connected with blue color male pin. He was not happy and replace cable to match green to green socket.

As per him, it was main reason for loss. These sockets are color coded based on how optical Fiber is cut inside and it should match for optimal signal.

Now I am get -25dBM level and no issue with speed and connectivity.

Back