Are router power-backup solutions a good buy?

LordSpymaster

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
ISP
Jiofiber 150 Mbps
Ex: Airtel vFiber 24 Mbps
So I've been working from home for a year or so and its annoying when there's a powercut and the power backup takes under 5 minutes to come back on.

During this I usually start my phone's hotspot and work via that for those 5 minutes or so. But its kind of annoying.

So then I came across router power banks which basically give power backup for a couple of minutes till the mains comes back. But honestly its a solution for such a trivial issue that I'm not sure if it's going to be a smart or silly purchase 🤣

Link to one such product: Oakter Mini UPS for 12V WiFi Router Uninterrupted Power Backup for WiFi Routers During Power Outage Upto 2 Hours Power Backup to Wi-Fi Router 12V up to 3A (Assorted Colour) : Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories

Has anyone been using something like this? And is the peace of mind worth it?

Solution
Yep, it works well. I had my network gear running on two of these router UPS units for over a year. Used to get 3-4 hour backup times too. You can look at Cuzor as well, one of the first such devices to come.

Switch over time it pretty quick, router/modem stays online.
hmm my relative's apartment had this issue, they don't have power backup that switches instantly. so the online classes and stuff got cut off.

router ups is the only way (or a whole home inverter)

this one is cheaper

Upvote 0
Yep, it works well. I had my network gear running on two of these router UPS units for over a year. Used to get 3-4 hour backup times too. You can look at Cuzor as well, one of the first such devices to come.

Switch over time it pretty quick, router/modem stays online.

Upvote 1
Solution
And if anyone is looking for extended power backup DC UPS, then there are models from Meanwell. I currently use a DRC-100A, costs about 3k and you can connect a bigger SMF battery (I use an 18 AH battery)

There are 40W and 60W variants too. You can mount it on a wall easily using a DIN rail.

Upvote 1
I got this
It has 3 output options 12V, 9V and 5V (USB). Suitable for a router plus any small 5V device simultaneously. I am using with TP-Link MR600.
At my place there is generator backup but it takes about 3-4 minutes for the backup to start. This works fine in keeping the router running.
Very useful particularly for online classes/exams where any disconnection can be problematic.

Upvote 0
Any idea if the blue Jio router (2.4 GHz and 5GHz) model needs a 9V or 12V type model? For the backup I mean...

Upvote 0
And if anyone is looking for extended power backup DC UPS, then there are models from Meanwell. I currently use a DRC-100A, costs about 3k and you can connect a bigger SMF battery (I use an 18 AH battery)

There are 40W and 60W variants too. You can mount it on a wall easily using a DIN rail.
This looks really good for people who don't have generator backup

Upvote 0

Back