Are you going to use Reliance Jio after FREE Trial?

• Thread starter Thread starter ChrisM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,097
I will only use till trial expires. It was very good that BSNL announced 1Mbps after FUP before JIO launch. If JIO launched earlier then I don't think they would have offered 1 Mbps post FUP. Full crap, everyone will only use 149 plan for their calls need. So basically they are saying "we only want to charge for 1 service ... ie data" but customer will use only free calls.

How many persons are going to keep JIO for only calls or throw after trial is over. Decade of wait and such offers, BAD very BAD.

The 19 rs offer is nice just for the 3 hours of night data you get. I hope the speeds remain decent. This replaces 1 GB 68 offer for me. Excellent for software updates without messing with your monthly recharge.

Just saw this.
The prepaid packs with denominations Rs.19, Rs.129 and Rs.299 cannot be availed as a First recharge by new subscribers.

Last edited:
if they don't have any unlimited plans for jiofi2 i am out, i just downgraded my bsnl plan from 1445 to 470, i better be using bsnl 3g unlimited 1099 offer once the trail expires, bsnl 3g speed is decent here from 3mbps to 7mbps.

You can't place calls to other networks and the speed has gone down to 1-2 mbps. It's barely usable as of now.

Not until the calling issues are resolved. Data network is nice but I have not been able to evaluate their voice network.

Not for me. Speeds have reduced like hell and signal doesn't reach my bedroom. Earlier used to make a hotpost by keeping in the balcony where I used to get 30mbps. Now I hardly get 3-4mbps there.

if they don't have any unlimited plans for jiofi2 i am out, i just downgraded my bsnl plan from 1445 to 470, i better be using bsnl 3g unlimited 1099 offer once the trail expires, bsnl 3g speed is decent here from 3mbps to 7mbps.
I can guarantee that jioFi won't have any UL Plans
You would have to wait for their FTTH

i am highly disappointed with the tariffs but thats only because i had high hopes for a truly disruptive pricing scheme as some of the leaked plans suggested. jio, ofcourse, is free to set their tariff. airtel gives me 10 gb of 3g (no 4g in jaipur) at 1000 rs which is good enough for mobile browsing. the tariffs, as they stand now, wont help in the uptake of jio apps which is how jio plans to make money-by creating an ecosystem of subscription apps.

Most likely.

1. I'm on vodafone red 499 which until a week ago was giving 512MB and now it's 1GB. Jio gives me 4GB. If I want only 1GB data I can take the 149 plan with 150 Addon which will give me 1.3GB data. So savings of 200Rs/month (I don't exceed my red plan's voice minutes so that's not a consideration)

2. Jio network connectivity has been amazing. I have got excellent coverage in both Mumbai and chennai. Vodafone has excellent 3G coverage in Mumbai but really patchy 4G and their network in Chennai is terrible in my experience.

3. Free roaming

I'm assuming call connectivity issues will be sorted and network speed will be good after the preview plan is over

Back