BAD Experience with Reliance Wireline Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter hyde
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 12,937
Status
Not open for further replies.
torrents 90-100 kb/s, files downloaded from server using IDM 100-115 kb/s fluctuating. Done all the major speedtest's available & it always shows 800-850 kbps (upto 925 kbps very rarely)
I'm on a 1 Mbps connection and in my case, speed is 100-115 KBps for torrents and 125-150 KBps for HTTP/FTP. I think Reliance might be intentionally throttling your speed on the 749 plan. Why don't you try the 1 Mbps plan for a month?

@hyde...it seems they have limited the speed of night booster plan to only 80%. Next month i migrate to 1 mbps day/night & will let you know the facts....

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

I'm on a 1 Mbps connection and in my case, speed is 100-115 KBps for torrents and 125-150 KBps for HTTP/FTP. I think Reliance might be intentionally throttling your speed on the 749 plan. Why don't you try the 1 Mbps plan for a month?

sure...i'll try that

@hyde...it seems they have limited the speed of night booster plan to only 80%. Next month i migrate to 1 mbps day/night & will let you know the facts....

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

sure...i'll try that

@raj2007 Sure do let me know if there is a change in the download speed after you migrate to 1Mbps.
@iChaitanya Thanks for the update.

But I still believe that nothing can be change with the 749 Plan. As the Reliance techs are not that competent enough which I really miss after I switched from Airtel. They were amazed to see that I configured my Wireless ADSL modem with Reliance and stopped using there simple ADSL router. :)

I've migrated to combo 1 mbps, still getting 850 kbps only

register a complaint with them.

i've already done it & waiting for the technician. I've no clue why few peoples like me facing this issue.

You will always be in waiting then, write an application take a print to the nearest Reliance care tell them to sign on it and issue the maximum time in which your problem will be solved, and burst at their high officials, it will set them up.

I heard lots of complaints about speed issue with reliance but I think we should understand that Reliance is only the company which offers cheapest bandwidth among all. I mean 600kbps(day)1 mbps(night) in 1099. Therefore, definitely, there will no pure speed but I have good reviews about the stability of connectivity. I heard that reliance internet infrastructure is best in india. That is why, it provides less ping time among all companies.Am I right???I do not have connection but I am trying. Last time, as I talked with an executive, it is not feasible in my area. I am still trying my best to get it.

U r pretty much right!!And luckily for me speed issues are for positive - whenever a Peer/Seed from Reliance line is connected to me, i get Astronomical bursts.....thats happening right now, on a REALLY POPULAR torrent!! 1 burst went upto around 7 MBytes/s........:O :ONo kidding - it is not 7 Mbits/s - it is 7 MBytes/s!!

U r pretty much right!!

And luckily for me speed issues are for positive - whenever a Peer/Seed from Reliance line is connected to me, i get Astronomical bursts.....thats happening right now, on a REALLY POPULAR torrent!! 1 burst went upto around 7 MBytes/s........:O :O

No kidding - it is not 7 Mbits/s - it is 7 MBytes/s!!
It is pretty damn good.
I hope I could have reliance. It means DC++ hub will act like a big backbone for movies source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back