BB Home Combo ULD 900 4mbps upto 8Gb daily or monthly.

sanathkumara

ISP
bsnl
i have taken BB Home Combo ULD 900 plan according to which i should be getting 4mbps speed upto 8Gb and later 256 kbps. and i also got the promised speed for the last 30 days. i downloaded some 60 Gb or more in the last 30 days.but since 5 days i am getting only 15%of the promised speed. so i called the local bsnl office broadband dept. they told me that 8Gb limit is for month. not for day. once u crossed 8Gb limit for the month u wont get the speed. now i said they were wrong. because i downloaded 8 Gb the very first day and i still got 4mbps everyday of the month. but they insist that 8 Gb is for month not day. now i want to know from u guys who is right. they or me.my plan is BB Home Combo ULD 900. please help me

speed will be 4mbp upto 8gb, when u cross 8gb, the speed will reduce to 256kb. Now its upto u, u download 8gb in a day or in a month, but when 8gb is downloaded @ 4mbp, the next unlimited will be downloaded with the speed of 256kb, in your case it looks, they forget to restrict your speed after 8gb download.

It is for the whole month not for a day. If you download 8 Gb on the 1st of the month then the rest 29 days you will be getting 256 Kbps only. I guess you were lucky one for the first month as they forget to limit your speed.

EVen i had subscribed to BB Home Combo ULD 900. I downloaded 8GB in 15 days and speed dropped to 256kbps later. Rest 15 days, speed was 256kbps only. You are very lucky to get 4mbps even after 8GB of download/upload.

if so. then this plan is worthless to me. absoulutely worthless. and i was thinking india has developed thats why i am getting good speed. stupid connection. stupid bsnl. is there a better plan out there which will give me greater or equal to 2mbps while monthly rental being between 500-900 thru which i can download upto 50-240 Gb per month

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

i cant believe this. i was flying in the sky. this is like pathal lok to me. how can this be. what ist he plan worth. if only for 8gb. 8gb can be downloaded in just 4.5 hours at 4mbps speed. then how is it worth anything. i still think it cant be . it must be 8gb per day. oh God please let it be.

You won't get the speed you are asking for less than Rs. 1,000. If you want to download a lot, better switch to Home 500, Home 500 C, Home 600 combo. They have night unlimited. You can download as much as you can during 2 am - 8 am period @ 2 Mbps. But the limit for day usage is 1.5/2.5 GB.

i was thinking india has developed thats why i am getting good speed. stupid connection. stupid bsnl. is there a better plan out there which will give me greater or equal to 2mbps while monthly rental being between 500-900 thru which i can download upto 50-240 Gb per month

How can you relate a broadband plan from one of the service provider to development of india? You cannot blame BSNL nor india. You should gather enough info about the plan before subscribing. Its like you go and buy a volkswagen Polo 1.2 car and later you crib saying stupid volkswagen, stupid germany - as the variant has only 3 cylinders :notallowed:

Also 500-900 is not a big amount which you might be thinking to provide you an unlimited 2Mbps connection.

on one side you dont wanna shell more than 900, and on other side you want quality service-high speeds.even if you compare with other countries we are still lucky.the main concern is bandwidth, so u can expect high speeds in near future for tht 500-900 range,but definately not UL data usage.and yes india is developing quote fast....

Folks this is only india where prices r much higher & ULD wht uld who knows about this terms in other country....This is only BSNL who provide ULD terms......So BSNL sucks......But here a way to keep that regular speed even after exceed download limit......without cursing BSNL

Back