• Thread starter Thread starter TheMafioso
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 79,595

TheMafioso

ISP
Airtel
Hi Guys,

I recently got a new Replacement Beetel 220BX router as my old router(also a beetel 220bx) had gone bad...

The thing i noticed about it is, the router's page comes up blazingly fast everytime, even when router hasn't been restarted for few days as compared to old router which tended to slow down quite a bit and router's page took lot of time to open if router hasn't been restarted for some days..

I noticed that new router came with newer firmware..and probably that's the reason for it..
Code:
Board ID: 96338L-2M-16M Software Version ID: V8.11.01.01  Firmware Version: 3.06L.05.A2pB021g.d19d Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-6.8
Any idea where can I get this firmware, as I need to update my other router's firmware too...

I already checked the beetelmodems and airtelbroadband site's for firmware, as mentioned in some posts of this forum...they both contains an old or rather ancient firmware ver
Code:
Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M Software Version: 3.00L.03.A2pB017l.d15h Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-0.7

Interesting find, am interested in this new firmware too :)

Hello Friend

I have been doing some research on this for last 3 days...
Infact i spoilt my modem in trying to do that...(got a replacement done today)
The new modem that you got is the Beetel 220 BXI and not 220 BX.
the latest Firmware for Beetel 220BX is
Firmware Version: 3.04L.0*.********.****

The new BXI comes with Firmware Version: 3.06L.05.A2pB021g.d19d

The firmware available on the internet is only for old Beetel 220BX...
and that too the aincient version as you said....
In order to get a new Firmware one has to get a replacement..

hope this helps...i learnt this through the hard way....2 days without internet...

Hi Guys,

I recently got a new Replacement Beetel 220BX router as my old router(also a beetel 220bx) had gone bad...

The thing i noticed about it is, the router's page comes up blazingly fast everytime, even when router hasn't been restarted for few days as compared to old router which tended to slow down quite a bit and router's page took lot of time to open if router hasn't been restarted for some days..

I noticed that new router came with newer firmware..and probably that's the reason for it..
Code:
Board ID: 96338L-2M-16M Software Version ID: V8.11.01.01  Firmware Version: 3.06L.05.A2pB021g.d19d Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-6.8
Any idea where can I get this firmware, as I need to update my other router's firmware too...

I already checked the beetelmodems and airtelbroadband site's for firmware, as mentioned in some posts of this forum...they both contains an old or rather ancient firmware ver
Code:
Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M Software Version: 3.00L.03.A2pB017l.d15h Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-0.7

Do you Have a question
All Airtel users.
Please post a new question in Airtel web site.
I have asked about
1. availability of updated firmware,
2. or option to exchange old modem/s

All airtel users send message here. to post the latest firmware on their website.
Welcome to Beetel Modems

Beetel 220BX Firmware Version 3.04L.01.A2pB021c.d16m(1.79MB) and extract the file.

2. Login to the modem using the link in my previous post. Navigate to Management>Update Software ....browse to the file you extracted, hit 'update' and wait. The modem will reboot once the process finishes.

3. Click on the 'DSL' tab in the left pane (re-login if required). See if the settings match those in this screenshot: http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/158...ettingsna3.jpg

4. Management>Save/Reboot.link-removed: 1-Click Webhosting
Posted by Waterloo_sunset in this forum in Nov 07. Try.
https://broadband.forum/airtel-broadband/18879-airtel-delhi-broadband-disconnecting-frequently/

There seems to be a speed hack which works quite well with the new 220BXI modems.... Everyone should get the latest firmware...3.06:P

I'm happy i screwed up my old modem...lol:thumbsup:

Thanx for the info kyrl and essbebe :)
guess i'll wait for my other modem to screw up too...lol

@kyrl Everyone should get the latest firmware...3.06
From where ?

link-removed: 1-Click Webhosting tried here. No go.

Back