• Thread starter Thread starter ogtripleog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 611
  • Views Views 152,440

ogtripleog

Regular
ISP
Dataone
mcafee suite is a resource hog.. so i am looking to download a new av and a firewall.. which one would ou recommend.. norton is a resource hog.. that leaves : - pc-cillinkavnod32i'm not too sure abt the last too, though i have read some good reviews..and i was considering sygate as the firewall.. would you recommend it?

zone alarm security sutie is the best. firewall is cool B) and the antivirus is fast :D

U guys wudnt belv me, but still i'll say it out.Secure Synergy is pretty good. Doesn hog resources.talkin about firewall......i'll suggest fine tune ur O/S if u r on XP/2K/2K3/Linux/Unix etc.

yeah but i doubt if that would be very good.. and secure snergy.. don't start that all over again.. :rolleyes: za doesn't have protection for messengers which is a must for an av software.. and also it doesn't detect spyware

AVG & ZA 2.x, Kerio, Sygate, Outpost, any of those. Nothing can beat AVG resource wise. Arre Surjeett ... I have an extremely old pc here, and trust me, Secure Synergy is The Worst (tm) even resource wise. I checked the memory occpied with sisoft sandra, and ran a gaming benchmark, and both showed dismal scores.For linux just edit hosts.deny/hosts.allow files I suppose ... you would be fairly safe maybe :|

I use avg 6 free antivirus and zone alarm pro. This combo has worked fine for me for a while now.

I use AVG Free, Sygate Personal firewall and also use Spybot, Adaware and Javacools Spyware blasterapart from the generally useless XP SP2 firewall. You should see the extent of port hack attempts that are blocked !!!!Dr Prasanna Simha M

Back