Best Deals Websites

• Thread starter Thread starter brijesh77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 7,971

brijesh77

ISP
Broadbanjk
Hey Guys,of late, especially with e-commerce finding acceptability in India, a lot of new websites have come up. If all you guys please share your reviews/feedback of numerous deal websites, will be great for the whole community. Recently, I purchased a 8 Gb pen drive from fishthedeal.com at great price, but with local vendors (on ebay, rediff.com etc), I feel skeptical about their delivery promise and creditability. I starve for great deals, please share your thoughts/ other great deal based websites.

I've had a great experience with ebay. In ebay you should prefer buying items sold by Powersellers as they have highest ratings which means they give out quality products with quick and reasonable shipping. Also you should check out the sellers' feedback which has been posted by people who have bought items from that seller. Its helps a lot to judge the right seller. Also use the Paisapay option in ebay to pay the sellers as ebay only releases the payment to seller once the buyer confirms that the product received is as per the specifications and quality, otherwise the buyer gets refund within 4 - 5 days.

You will find some fantastic deals on EBay.in but you need to check seller reputation as suggested by nsm1234. Check their selling score and feedback percentage along with users feedback. I am an old ebayer from over 5 years. Never had a single issue. Made over 30 purchases on ebay.inNow you can also buy goods from USA via EBay Global Buy website.Flipkart.com - Genuine sellers with manufacturer warranty. Have heard good reviews about them. They ship from Bangalore. Their pricing on electronic items is very reasonable. Letsbuy.com - Genuine sellers with manufacturer warranty. They typically ship between 2 to 4 days. They stock lot of items.Futurebazaar.com - Run by Bigbazaar group. Genuine sellers. But items are costly compared to Flipkart and Letsbuy.Adexmart.com I dont know much about them but you dont find any customer complaints online. They ship from Chennai.I prefer websites from top to bottom.

Thanks nsm1234 (for clarifying about ebay dealers) and dhananjayk (for adding to the websites names which provide good deals.However, if you could clarify if the dealers on ebay provides bills, so that warranty can be claimed if something goes wrong with the product.Also, Dhananjay the websites you suggested are more of e-commerce websites, but I was looking for deals based websites (like I mentioned about this site: fishthedeal.com, even yesterday I compared their todays product's price across various websites, but they turned out to give the cheapest prices, additionally these guys are giving a digital thermometer free) probably because they give only one product a day, they can stock larger number of quantities and hence can give more discounts to us.If you know other sites which are deal based/ discount based, please do let me know.Other members please also contribute to the list.Thanks.

Some eBay dealers do provide bills for products that have Manufacturer warranty or otherwise also. However you have to take caution while purchasing from such sites because they might not always be Genuine. eBay is only a marketing platform and does not have complete control on the transactions made, except in initial stages when you use PaisaPay and they don't take responsibility of any issues after the deal is completely closed - after the buyer confirms receipt of the item.

Steps to be taken while purchasing from eBay:

1. Never use Direct Online Transfer or other insecure mode of payment unless you are very sure that seller is Genuine 'and/or' ready to take risks. Only use Paisapayfor the mode of payment.
Paisaypay is a method where you pay eBay using creditcard or online transfer 'then' eBay keeps the money with them until you receive the item and confirm the receipt/credibility of the product as described by the seller in the listing *however if the buyer does not confirm the receipt within deadline for delivery date then the money is still transferred to the Seller. (Deadline date: eBay gives the latest date within which he can ship the item to the seller based on shipping details he provided while listing the product). More details here: Learn how to buy or sell on eBay India or PaisaPay - How PaisaPay works?

2. Always try to buy from a reputed seller, with good feedback scores and preferably a Power-seller to avoid disputes later.

3. Familiarize yourself with eBay policies like "eBay Guarantee" & "eBay Court" before you start buying/bidding for any products on eBay. When you don't receive the product or if the product is not as described always call eBay Customer Support @ 1800 209 3229 and do use eBay Guarantee/Paisapay "non-receipt" or "item not as described" template as directed by eBay and don't forget to collect the reference/ticket number before you hang up.

I also shop around a lot in eBay - mainly because of the vast product range + price factor but sellers, even reputed at times do try to play around and cheat buyers - So stay alert. For Eg: I purchased a Motorola Milestone mobile from one the sellers who had feedback score of around 98% with good number of sales and i did receive the product on time as promised but the phone was not packed as described in the listing but opened by seller and later sealed using their companies label + also had Out of box issues. The mobile phone would heat up a lot when we insert the 8gb memory card supplied with the mobile - when i contacted Motorola over the phone they did help me troubleshoot & isolate the problem but indicated that the phone was not made for "Indian" market was was sold in Great Britain but asked me to visit their Local service center to confirm, so when i walked into one of the local service center's the service guy further explained this mobiles has only the IMEI label but does not have the MRP or any labels on it which is pretty unusual + also scanned the IMEI on his computer & showed that this device was sold by Motorola in GB(Great Britain) hence does not have warranty in India. The service guy also explained that all motorola mobile that are shipped in India now are manufactured in their Chennai factory. I then contacted eBay and filed a claim against the buyer and got my money back after shipping the item back to the seller. So you have to be careful while purchasing items from eBay because literally any one can sell/buy on such websites and there is not physical verification done to check the credibility before someone registers on such websites and once the money is transferred to their account they can simply do away with everything without logging into that account again & all you really need to setup a eBay ID initially is a Email ID.

However, if you could clarify if the dealers on ebay provides bills, so that warranty can be claimed if something goes wrong with the product.

Also, Dhananjay the websites you suggested are more of e-commerce websites, but I was looking for deals based websites (like I mentioned about this site: fishthedeal.com,

You will get bills with VAT component from various sellers on ebay. They would have mentioned in their item listing info. You can also ask them a question before placing order.
But you need to clear all doubts before placing an order. You cannot cancel order once placed.

I understand you are talking about websites which offer lowest price on a product for a specific time (may be a day or week).
But you cannot be sure about the quality and service of such guys. Once you deal then only you come to know. But sites which i have mentioned offer competitive prices + established players + sell genuine products (exceptions on ebay) + provide VAT bill so that you can claim warranty.

Also read Madhusudhan's post. He has posted his experience.
@Madhu, after how many days of purchase did you raise a claim? As you said any one can cheat specially with mobiles.
Some amateurs wont even know if mobile is used or new and become bakra.

You will get bills with VAT component from various sellers on ebay. They would have mentioned in their item listing info. You can also ask them a question before placing order.
But you need to clear all doubts before placing an order. You cannot cancel order once placed.

I understand you are talking about websites which offer lowest price on a product for a specific time (may be a day or week).
But you cannot be sure about the quality and service of such guys. Once you deal then only you come to know. But sites which i have mentioned offer competitive prices + established players + sell genuine products (exceptions on ebay) + provide VAT bill so that you can claim warranty.

@Madhu, after how many days of purchase did you raise a claim? As you said any one can cheat specially with mobiles.

I submitted the claim on the 10th day itself, the minimum time that I had to give before I can log a claim such that the money is not transferred to seller in the meanwhile I had contacted the seller for clarification but he again tried to fool me saying he'll provide warranty if Motorola declines repair + also offered to replace the faulty memory card but I didn't fallu for it and filed a claim immediately.

The seller was from eBazaar or Gizmo eBazaar in Delhi or something. Stay away from this seller.

I finally went ahead and bought a 1TB seagate hard drive from fishthedeal and it got delivered in 3 days flat. Quite impressive. and yes they do provided invoice with VAT and guarantted 5 years warranty. I guess these guys are genuine.

I actually tried that site fish the deal and bought the Omron BP monitor along with the digital thermometer a few deals back.More than the deal, I was floored by their unique communication. Was really funny.They called me up , a day after I received the package( which i apparently received in 2 days- minus the Sunday).They seem to be genuine, since I got a proper signed invoice for the products.With ebay I had a very bad experience, I bought a Apple Ipod 8 GB nano from a seller, and 5 months later some issues cropped up. When I took it to an authorized apple service center, those guys told me that , it was not within the warranty period. I mailed the cheat seller and he told that they import the item themselves so it is not covered in Apple warranty. i complained to ebay about it. They took the necessary steps but I never received my money back.After that I have never bought from ebay despite all their guarantee for genuine products.Some of the other sites with which I had a good experience are:1)Flipkart.com( for books)2) Infibeam3) Letsbuy: when they started out they were pretty good, but now their service sucks. Bought a product, then received a mail saying that the product is out of stock. Kept me waiting for 2 weeks , after which they decided to refund my money.Hope these fish the deal guys keep up their service and do not turn mediocre like others.

Back