Best Web Browser

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 548
  • Views Views 111,463
windows task manager really is not the best way to measure memory consumption. chrome has a flag that shows memory consumption for all multi-processor browsers. it can be accessed here chrome://memory-redirect/

Just tried it, and per its admission, Chrome is using 21% more memory than being showed by the Task Manager, and Opera is using about 3% more memory than what's on the Task Manager.However, I wouldn't really want to go with what Chrome says, because if the OS says there is no memory, then that gets the precedence, whether correct or not. Even otherwise, why would the Task Manager be wrong!

I cannot use much of chrome in office and the combo of Visual Studio 2010 and Chrome is deadly. I open the browser, search and view and close, cant keep it open as it slows down the laptop. Chrome is the next Firefox for sure!

Dont know the construct of Windows, but in Linux, all the browsers seem to be working without much load on the memory......i hate using FF when in Windows, but i use it quite often in Linux.

I took this screenshot while trying to debug some Flash related issue (high CPU usage for someone on TE using Chrome and FF), and was surprised with the findings. Chrome seems like a hidden monster. Opera had 3 additional tabs open apart from the YouTube one, IE and Chrome only had the YouTube tab. Note Chrome's cumulative CPU and memory usage. Higher than IE.

Flash support in Chrome is still buggy, it does hang for me occasionally. try a non flash test(javascript etc.)

Flash support in Chrome is still buggy, it does hang for me occasionally. try a non flash test(javascript etc.)
yes. noticed that while playing a flash video, if i suddenly pause it and quickly close the tab, chrome crashes. happening since last week

It is happening randomly since the day they decided to embed flash player in the browser itself

latest version of chrome is buggy ... dont install latest updates ... 21.0.1180.60 m ....bugs after this version....

disable pepper flash from here chrome://plugins/ in chrome if it is crashing for you guys. chrome has been rock stable for me here.

Chrome rocks for me for every purpose except Development. No full fledged Firebug and Certain other Dev tools.

Back