Beware Sify Users

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 14,765
if u configure windows properly then u dont have sacrifice all ur resources to ur firewall program :P . I used windows inbuilt ipsec policies in windows 2000 to block vulnerable ports completely and i never use ie so no prob of spyware . i dont even do windows update and still i never got a virus inside my pc . Just block ports Tcp 135-139 , udp 135-139 , dcom 1025 tcp/udp and udp 1026(messenger) and u are all set . This way ur resources arent sucked and u are well protected because ipsec is a part of os ... external firewall programs may crash sometimes but this wont . U can also block icmp completely using ipsec so no one can ping you .. Also u can block any protocol u want from secpol.msc :)

Originally posted by champ_rock@Jan 3 2006, 04:45 PM
can somebody please tell me how to get the administrator password of some pc on ur lan......
cos some stupid person had a lot of nice crap on his pc which he had purposefully shared and cvreated a text file saying hello and asking the user to write comments.........

i just wrote that i wanted to shaare things with him and it was a nice thing that he was doing... (cos in my lan people are nerds and dont share one single thing)

next day that person disabled all his shares... i dont know why.. maybe he wasnt expecting me..... i want to get in his comp and gt all tht crap on my pc........
[snapback]38189[/snapback]
[/quote]

ooh! a noobie! this is not a "how to hack forum"...!! respect his decision...if he doenst want to share..he doesnt...exclamation!

hihow can i make sure that my computer is safe and i am not sharinganything on lan?i am using win XP pro with zone alarm firewall.i get around 100 netbios attemptsblock alerts from my sify lan when i engage zone alarm internet lock in about 30 minsis someone trying to access my pc?what should i do?(i have disabled sharing from lan settings,disabled admin shares, and from folder options-simple file sharing)i dont see any other pc in lan workgroup?why?

better install a Linux firewall between the internet and your PC. Ofourse get someone qualified enough to configure it. If you dont want linux hassles then install some firewall like Sygate.

switch the computer off! and sell it! :wacko: :blink: :ph34r:

Originally posted by cracker@Jan 30 2006, 04:32 PM
hi

how can i make sure that my computer is safe and i am not sharing
anything on lan?

i am using win XP pro with zone alarm firewall.i get around 100 netbios attempts
block alerts from my sify lan when i engage zone alarm internet lock in about 30 mins
is someone trying to access my pc?

what should i do?
(i have disabled sharing from lan settings,disabled admin shares, and from folder options-simple file sharing)

i dont see any other pc in lan workgroup?why?
[snapback]40875[/snapback]
[/quote]

m8 u may chk out the site: markusjansson.net/exp.html.

Cheers all!

am using win XP pro with zone alarm firewall.i get around 100 netbios attempts
block alerts from my sify lan when i engage zone alarm internet lock in about 30 mins
is someone trying to access my pc?[/b]

it isnt always like someone is trying to access ur pc . All comps on network broadcasts netbios name request in background so u get so many conn attempts in firewall but if few pc's are infected with worms then also u will get same problem . Anyways just disable netbios completely and you are safe even with firewall not present . Go to grc.com and download WINDOWS WORMS DOORS CLEANER , a small prog that disable dcom/netbios/messenger and most services used by worms .

Originally posted by power@Feb 5 2006, 11:30 AM
it isnt always like someone is trying to access ur pc . All comps on network broadcasts netbios name request in background so u get so many conn attempts in firewall but if few pc's are infected with worms then also u will get same problem . Anyways just disable netbios completely and you are safe even with firewall not present . Go to grc.com and download WINDOWS WORMS DOORS CLEANER , a small prog that disable dcom/netbios/messenger and most services used by worms .
[snapback]41383[/snapback]
[/quote]

well thanks for the replies...maybe i was getting too paranoid

Back