BIG TV to Offer Satellite Internet through DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter designwebgraphic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 31,354
WOW!!!This NEWS is COOLBut How Far is this TRUE????HOPE they really implement it from the start

it wud be "future in back" ...i.e. expecting future in past!

Then lets hope they will distribute IP Set Top Boxes (like DreamBox). Its the future of broadband.

I have my Skystar2 DVB-S PCI card (imported) and I have experienced the speed (during data grabbing from satellite - you can grab what the subscribed satellite broadband user are downloading). For that kind of speed (100-200MBps) your HDD should have that kind of R/W speed, else it may crash ! I used to filter the data (files) then was sending to HDD.

And its a 1 (ONE) way communication as data gets broadcasted from satellite. But generally satellite broadband users have 2 connections for the complete satellite broadband. One for making a request for a file to their satellite bb provider (low speed, generally dial-up for request upload) and another for downloading from satellite through the co-axial cable from Dish/LNBF (The satellite bb service provider uploads the file to satellite for broadcast).

Thank you

guys this is bullshit...2 reasons:1) Currently companies are only allowed to downlink not uplink as per TRAI. Without uplinking you cannot get satellite internet (infact any internet). Its like 3G, the technology came out 4 yrs back here in Qatar, while in India the TRAI is about to allow 3G, and then they will put the spectrum to bid. Similarly they will allow uplinking via sattelite soon but as of now no news of any bidding or assignment of permission.Though I believe Airtel DTH will provide this facility in the future but in the next 1-2 yrs forget about it. U can actually get sattelite internet in India through foreign companies but its illegal.2) This site being referred to is a blog. I can open a blog and write that Big TV got launched in 2007 as a news articles and you will all believe me.Hope you guys understand!

Back