Blackberry or Android?

• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,206
personally, if email is a priority over web surfing, i would recommend blackberry. web surfing on mobile is highly overrated in india. you can of course surf the web on blackberry. opera is available on it and it works fine. but still, a webkit browser is much better.

Thanks!Any thoughts on the Dell XCD 35? - priced at around 11K

personally, if email is a priority over web surfing, i would recommend blackberry. web surfing on mobile is highly overrated in india.

Thanks for your input. My priority is email. However, I'm also concerned about the fees that I have to pay for Blackberry every month (currently @ Rs.299).

What's your (or others') view on push email service on Android phones? Do they (Android phones) even have push email service (via Google sync or something)?

Stay away from the Dell phones. The phones themselves are weird and they have a weirder service system.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

What's your (or others') view on push email service on Android phones? Do they (Android phones) even have push email service (via Google sync or something)?

Push mail on Android is good. I wouldn't say fantastic, I felt Nokia's Push Messaging was better, and on par with Blackberry. I always felt that the Android is slightly late in receiving an update. I would stress slightly

Yeah - The Internet service charges are a big let down , though I have read people do manage to use the net with just 2G plans , w/o using the Internet Service from blackberry (you may need to google). To add/update Samm's suggestionsi)Galaxy 551 - Is a slider keyboard - I would say that falls slightly in a different category (slider can be a +/- depends on what you are looking at)ii)Acer Liquid Mini is expected to hit the market pretty soon at 11-12k range - Read it online 1-2 days back

Thanks for your input. My priority is email. However, I'm also concerned about the fees that I have to pay for Blackberry every month (currently @ 299).

google gmail app on my Galaxy s is kind of fine.. emails do come late when compared to blackberry.. and the only problem with the app is copy paste.. it is really pathetic..

ms office attachments open in thinkfree office app which is good for viewing them.
and the samsung email client (you will have to use it if it is NOT a gmail account) is really pathetic and laggy. i don't bother opening it..

actually try out the email client that comes with android. it fetches gmail mails faster than the native gmail app.

Back