Breaking News: ESPN HD added on Tatasky @ 415

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 12,661
I got the box and since no engineer showed up, I connected it myself. It was simple since I already have Tata Sky+ and there was a splitter connected to the wire coming from the dish. So the box is turned on, I can see the list of channels, I can see the 4 HD channels listed (ESPN, Disc, NG, Showcase) but I can't see anything as it asks me to recharge before watching. Will try to contact customer service to see if they can activate it over the phone.

Wimbeldon Open is also on ESPN HD, check dis out

Thanks for the link. Looks like only WC and Wimbledon for now, I'll wait till there's permanent HD content for sports (especially football).

ESPN Software India MD RC Venkateish told Indiantelevision.com the deal is just for these two events. Subsequently, we will decide on what to do with our other properties like the Champions Twenty20 League. If there is sufficient demand, we will offer it in high definition.

i would love to watch english and spanish football on espn HD..i guess i am going in for ts hd

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

zee never gives their channel to ts...but star gives all the channels to dish.star is holding a stake in ts still it hasnt been too helpful.

^ Zee never gives channels to Tata Sky? Says who? Tata Sky does NOT carry Zee's channels, and they got a court ruling few years back saying that they had no obligation to carry all of Zee's channels.

I am using regular Tata Sky. When I press 415, I do get a notice that it is ESPN HD channel and it is not available for me. Thats fair enough :)I am getting regular ESPN channel on 405. Does the HD Subscriber gets 405? and can you identify the difference between the clarify of 405 and 415?

I am using regular Tata Sky. When I press 415, I do get a notice that it is ESPN HD channel and it is not available for me. Thats fair enough :)

I am getting regular ESPN channel on 405. Does the HD Subscriber gets 405? and can you identify the difference between the clarify of 405 and 415?

Yup, we get ESPN 405 too, the HD feed only starts when the matches begin, otherwise its just a static image.

As for the difference between ESPN 405 and ESPN HD? Night and Day.

Back