Broadband rates going up, while GPRS and voice rates going down -- any explaination?

Perhaps, but as the entity purchasing this line is probably a business, they will be using the network in a responsible way, not saturating the line with filesharing apps.

I doubt anyone can saturate it alone.. works out to 78 TB per year..
What I meant to say was, if they dont max it out(which they wont), your plans would be cheaper

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

give him ( https://broadband.forum/broadband-in-india/66082-m-gettin-13-mbps-speed/ ) a 20mbps Leased line, and see what happens..

I doubt anyone can saturate it alone.. works out to 78 TB per year..

Well, it really depends. Since it's a business, they probably have 20, 50 maybe even 100 seats, so 78TB a year isn't out of the question - but it's still unlikely that 100 people would use that much internet in the course of their normal working day, unless their job is to watch HD videos or transfer massive files or something (and yes, there are some jobs that are a bit like this, but they only require transferring large files for an hour or two).

However, once again, with the leased line, they're paying more for the SLA (service level agreement which guarantees uptime) than the bandwidth itself. You don't get that with a consumer connection.

What I meant to say was, if they dont max it out(which they wont), your plans would be cheaper

You're basing your pricing assumptions on our retail prices for consumers.

Our enterprise 25mbit/s plan works out to 4 lakhs a year (+ tax) and our MNC 25mbit/s plan works out to 6 lakhs. The main difference is not necessarily the bandwidth, but the SLA. We anticipate somewhere in the vicinity of 6 and 8TB per month being generated through these connections.

give him ( https://broadband.forum/broadband-in-india/66082-m-gettin-13-mbps-speed/ ) a 20mbps Leased line, and see what happens..

Maybe we should hold something similar to The 2degrees Text Me Race except maybe have some kind of filesharing race :D

Text me race.. Interesting300-400 per week is usual for me, girls in our college often cross 300 per day. Wonder what the Race duration was.. if it was more than 2 weeks, then half my college would have won the LG 285

Text me race.. Interesting
300-400 per week is usual for me, girls in our college often cross 300 per day.
Wonder what the Race duration was.. if it was more than 2 weeks, then half my college would have won the LG 285

I think it's a continual race - it's been going on for some months, and it cycles around.

But it's been closed since today because of the Earthquake, and most of Christchurch's Telecom infrastructure is running on batteries at the moment - it'll probably re-open in a day or 2 when infrastructure comes properly back online.

It works quite well for the company because companies charge each other for text messages and phone calls between networks (incoming provider charges outgoing provider, outgoing provider charges the customer who made the call or sent the text), so whatever they make from incoming text messages they use to pay for the prize and then some!

If we did something we'd probably have to do something to take advantage of NIXI or otherwise just keep it internal/on the Hayai zone (because for Internet bandwidth, receiving company pays instead)...

A Leased line with 1:1 Ratio. what will be the download speeds on a 4mbps line? I wana get one from TATA. And download speed would be 1/8 of the speed Just like the unlimited plan??

A Leased line with 1:1 Ratio. what will be the download speeds on a 4mbps line? I wana get one from TATA. And download speed would be 1/8 of the speed Just like the unlimited plan??

Something like 512 kilobytes per second. The mathematics doesn't change just because you get a leased line :D

if you are getting only 1/8th of your speed, head to your nearest consumer court..
Something like 512 kilobytes per second. The mathematics doesn't change just because you get a leased line :D
considering that 512kBps==4mbps , its the same, not 1/8th(ofc, u know this)

@admin -- make kbps->kBps conversion a mandatory part of joining the forum:)

I was expecting some speeds like 2mb/s on a 4mbps plan!! Sh*t!the only advantage i find in leased line is There will be 99% uptime! anyother than that?

I was expecting some speeds like 2mb/s on a 4mbps plan!! Sh*t!
the only advantage i find in leased line is There will be 99% uptime! anyother than that?

1) u'll get 4mbps on 4mbps plan
2)yes, as said earlier you are paying for the uptime
3)I guess you will get better pings
4)the bandwidth is guaranteed
5)No traffic shaping
6)Symmectric speeds
Thats all I can think of..

if you are getting only 1/8th of your speed, head to your nearest consumer court..

considering that 512kBps==4mbps , its the same, not 1/8th(ofc, u know this)

@admin -- make kbps->kBps conversion a mandatory part of joining the forum:)

I think that the "1/8th" from bits to bytes is what he meant :D

I was expecting some speeds like 2mb/s on a 4mbps plan!! Sh*t!
the only advantage i find in leased line is There will be 99% uptime! anyother than that?

Hehe, unfortunately not. to get 2 megabytes per second you'll need roughly 16 megabits.

Back