Broadbandforum.co Blocked By Airtel

ISP
2mbps UL "Magic Connection"
Hey, i was trying to log on to this site from the past few days, but everytime there's an error,but when i switched to a proxy to verify (If airtel's really blocking the site) this thing !The site opened quite well (through proxy) .so did some one noticed this thing too !Note: right now I'm using Proxy to access this site !

I've been having some problems too...... On an average, I can only access this site once in 2 days or so. I get through eventually though without using a proxy so not sure how accurate you are on your claim of Airtel blocking this site.

the site is definitely not blocked on airtel as i am on airtel and it works fine at my end. it was somewhat locked yesterday because of a borked update. i was waiting for the IPB guys to respond and they took way too much time. i reverted back to a backup. i simply want to upgrade the installation to the latest stable edition and trying myself of course did not work.

hi rajeev this is pavank i got new airtel connection, so please give me idea how use proxy setting and to view this site by using airtelbye

I guess theres no probs wid Airtel, I wuz having this problem for the past 1 month n u c now I can view the site! Something fishy is either wid Airtel or wid the Server of the site. I wuz wondering if the Admins switched servers n there wuz some DNS problems... Anyhow I now suspect Airtel... Any rock solid evidences? Anyone having similar problems?And sushubh bhai I guess 2.1.6 is a stable version.. Keep an eye on the load on server, sometimes overloading the server could cause the site not to open. But so far no trouble wid the server since I joined till recently.. And IPB is quite a good forum software to install.. Maybe some Mods or Add-ons won't quite get to work... u cud install them after asking the IPB guys in case its a registered version. PPl like me can well figure their own way out!! :P Hee... he... :D

Is that link thru a proxy server?

ok I figure out a way to solve the problem... I think the problem occurs when you have set up your DNS server addresses to be obtained automatically. So go into the properties of your network connection, click on TCP/Ip and click on Properties. Change to "Use the following DNS Server Addresses" and enter:208.67.222.222 ---> Preferred DNS Server208.67.220.220 ---> Alternate DNS serverThat solved the problem for me, and I could access the forum instantly, whereas I couldn't for the last few hours or so.

Back