BSNL 3G - High Download Speed But Low Browsing Speed. Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,265

vmsanandh

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Im BSNL 3G customer for the past 1 year.

I've used several data cards including Huawei E156, E1750, E1752, UMG1831 and currently K4505. What i observed is the download speeds are usually awesome. Im getting 500 kbps (3.6 Mbps) download speed constantly. Im very much happy about that.

But, browsing speed (website loading time) is very poor. It takes much time to load a website when compared to ADSL BSNL Broadband connection.

Is this experienced by all or for me only? Anyone know the reason?

And also the total connection becomes horrible from 10 PM to 2 AM for the past 3 months. No disconnection but very bad download and browsing speed at this specific time interval.

What about you buddies?

Have u tried changing DNS ? change to google dns :)

Im BSNL 3G customer for the past 1 year.

I've used several data cards including Huawei E156, E1750, E1752, UMG1831 and currently K4505. What i observed is the download speeds are usually awesome. Im getting 500 kbps (3.6 Mbps) download speed constantly. Im very much happy about that.

But, browsing speed (website loading time) is very poor. It takes much time to load a website when compared to ADSL BSNL Broadband connection.

Is this experienced by all or for me only? Anyone know the reason?

And also the total connection becomes horrible from 10 PM to 2 AM for the past 3 months. No disconnection but very bad download and browsing speed at this specific time interval.

What about you buddies?

I am facing exactly same problem, and yes it is due to high ping. Is there any solution ?

Is there any way to make ping time better? Or else is it in hands of BSNL?

Is there any way to make ping time better? Or else is it in hands of BSNL?

Nothing much can be done to lower the pings as 3G is a wireless technology and thus the latency is a bit more when you are comparing it with wired broadband access like DSL or cable.

Back