BSNL 3G is now offering unlimited data for Rs. 1099 (Rs. 156 for 2GB/Rs. 549 for 10GB)

@View From The Top BSNL has at least 7.2mbps network in every 3G enabled city and on bigger cities they have 21mbps network. When I travel to Varanasi I get 2MBPS on IDM

yes even at my place semi urban place in haryana near delhi west speeds are consistent 8 mbps since hardly any users, Better alternative to wired offering of theirs costing ~70% of this offer.

@dextermorgan - I don't talk to serial killers. :lipssealed: LOL :rofl:

But seriously, those are crazy speeds, I wish we had those kinda' speeds here in Kolkata. BTW, as Saurabh said, they do notify you - multiple times! They annoy the cr@p outta you with a million SMSes within a second, all of which alert you that you have exhausted 90% of your allotted data. I wish they'd stick to just the 1 SMS, dammit! :p

@Saurabh Srivastava - Yes, BSNL's HSPA network ranges from between 7.2Mbps - 21.6Mbps. As I said, they have 14.4Mpbs HSPA+ in Kolkata. However, I was asking about real-world speeds. I only get 1-3Mbps in reality. :)

@rj27 - Thanks for the clarification. In more congested areas in Kolkata, we only get around 1Mbps or even less. Thankfully, I live in a place called Salt Lake that is a planned town, like Chandigarh, so the population density is fairly low (compared to chaotic, unplanned urban India). ;)

Last edited:
Here at my place I get 40KBPS to 450KBPS depending upon 3G or H signal I get on my phone. Had they upgraded network here to H+, I would have subscribed to, given that Local R store guy haven't heard about JioLink and he has no idea about availability of JioFI and even a JIO employee advised me to Visit Varanasi(60km away) to buy JioFi and I don't want to buy LYF phones.

I didn't get this
>> ( but you could get it for 14.5 percent less if you get it activated via mobile balance considering u did a topup via fulltalk time offer so around 950 ruppee per month(31 days as the provide 1 day extra in all their plans) for 3G .. wow!).

What is activation by mobiile balance and how to do it for postpaid?

@dextermorgan See this, they sent a sms on 12th(one day before expiry) and on the 13th,the day of expiry.
zuRqYe.jpg

@xtc No idea about activation in Postpaid but in case of prepaid BSNL doesn't charge service charge if you activate any STV from your main balance as you have already paid SC while recharging your prepaid account.So you can save money if you do recharge it from main balance. You can dial *123# from prepaid phone and follow the on screen USSD process.

Back