• Views Views 7,920

djsas

DATAONE AND 3G BOTH SUCKS
ISP
BSNL Dataone
nothing much to say... getting really bad speed for 3G.... look at my MDMA

APN : bsnlnet

dialled number : *99#

used : Tmobile manager... Mobile partner.... MDMA.... same results.....

any help please........ i am feeling ruined after so much effort on getting BSNL 3G

http://www.grinshare.com/

Looks like yout A/C balance is "Zero". Recharge and try again.

In general BSNL speed is low almost across the country now.

no thats the main acc balance.. i am on FRC 120

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

hey please help me guyzz... any fix ?? and other APN?? any other dialling no ????

Replied you on other thread, but you should certainly meet BSNL officers and ask them why your area Tower is not yet upgraded,Although they won't listen easily, but you should check the speeds on near by area and then prepare a list where you are getting good speed and Higher QoS and where its pathetic like 128kbps, this way they can compare easily whats wrong at your tower, else their own process of such a comparison can take a few months easily.

@ghpk, I guess you are misguiding OP :P, Did you see the MDMA snapshot he posted? Come on man, In which world 3G tower having capacity of 128 kpbs(even EDGE enabled tower should be having minimum capacity 236 -456 kpbs)? Where ever he goes and uses this same SIM, I'm sure he will be limited to 128 kpbs and this speed profile was set in HLR. I already told you in some other thread, that speed limit is not only related to tower capacity. The modem also does matter and important factor is speed profile set by the operator. For eg, if you see DOCOMO 3G tariffs, they have speed ranging from 21 mpbs to 128 kpbs. This doesnt mean, for 21 mpbs they will use different tower and for 128 kpbs they will use some other tower. Please get the fact!

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Some time modem speed limit also matters, but OP case modem speed not an issue, since no where i've seen 128 kbps modem. For eg, i'm using K3765 as well as UMG1831, when i use K3765 , download QoS is 8XXX and for the same SIM if i use 1831, download Qos will show 14200!

-------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Some time modem speed limit also matters, but OP case modem speed not an issue, since no where i've seen 128 kbps modem. For eg, i'm using K3765 as well as UMG1831, when i use K3765 , download QoS is 8XXX and for the same SIM if i use 1831, download Qos will show 14200![/QUOTE]

----

Hi, I have a similar problem. I bought a 3g sim and a UMG1831 on monday. I get pathetic speed, MDMA shows almost identical to the screen cap provided earlier (-96dBm) . I live in Bangalore (Kamanahalli). I recharged with 4200/= so balance is not the issue, its just the speed that sucks.
I was wondering if purchasing a 3G antenna would help? Right now my mobile with EDGE is faster than the UMG1831. Any ideas/suggestions?

Check ur speed at other places, if u get similar speed, contact BSNL and request for the SIM to be replaced.u know -RS- naa ? he had similar sort of problem and got his SIM replaced.

@ghpk, I guess you are misguiding OP :P, Did you see the MDMA snapshot he posted? Come on man, In which world 3G tower having capacity of 128 kpbs(even EDGE enabled tower should be having minimum capacity 236 -456 kpbs)? Where ever he goes and uses this same SIM, I'm sure he will be limited to 128 kpbs and this speed profile was set in HLR. I already told you in some other thread, that speed limit is not only related to tower capacity. The modem also does matter and important factor is speed profile set by the operator. For eg, if you see DOCOMO 3G tariffs, they have speed ranging from 21 mpbs to 128 kpbs. This doesnt mean, for 21 mpbs they will use different tower and for 128 kpbs they will use some other tower. Please get the fact!

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Some time modem speed limit also matters, but OP case modem speed not an issue, since no where i've seen 128 kbps modem. For eg, i'm using K3765 as well as UMG1831, when i use K3765 , download QoS is 8XXX and for the same SIM if i use 1831, download Qos will show 14200!

one month back i recharged Rs 95 6b plan from docomo at that moment my mdma software showed downlonk speed of 21mbps and it gave some good speed of above 5 mbps, suddenly after few days speed was very low and mdma was showing 128 kbps and i was getting the same, than i recharted Rs 9, 10mb pack and speed again rose to 21mbps. The same thing happened to my bsnl 2g sim, now 2g sim show downlink of 240kbps whereas a 3g sim og bsnl shows 16mbps, i am using both.

one month back i recharged Rs 95 6b plan from docomo at that moment my mdma software showed downlonk speed of 21mbps and it gave some good speed of above 5 mbps, suddenly after few days speed was very low and mdma was showing 128 kbps and i was getting the same, than i recharted Rs 9, 10mb pack and speed again rose to 21mbps. The same thing happened to my bsnl 2g sim, now 2g sim show downlink of 240kbps whereas a 3g sim og bsnl shows 16mbps, i am using both.
My point also the same...but here lots of people telling/complaining that its because of tower issue or tower not yet upgraded :(

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Check ur speed at other places, if u get similar speed, contact BSNL and request for the SIM to be replaced.

u know -RS- naa ? he had similar sort of problem and got his SIM replaced.
Changing the SIM is not an right solution! its moreover to do with the speed limit set for your number. Even if you change the SIM, your profile will be just tranferred to your new replacement SIM...and still you will be limited to 128 kbps. Best solutions would be talk to some techinical person over bsnl and get it rectified.. its just a second work for them. In HLR, they need to modify the settings.

Back