BSNL 3G: Speed problem with BSNL MMX300G 3G Usb Modem--

ISP
BSNL
Hello to all, I have just purchased a new BSNL MMX300G 3G Usb Modem. Before purchasing I have checked my friend's 3G modem and it gave over 100kbps speed. And now when I have purchased for myself my internet speed don't go above 12kbps:@:frown: I just want to know is there any trick to speed up the download speed. I use windows xp sp3 modified version and my plan is of unlimited usage Rs230.Interesting matter is the download speed is approx 35kbps with Nokia N73 and only 10-12kbps with 3G modem. I've checked using same number in both the cases.Hope any member can solve my problem!!!

I forgot to say Im using this service in UP East, kanpur city.

Hello to all,
I have just purchased a new BSNL MMX300G 3G Usb Modem. Before purchasing I have checked my friend's 3G modem and it gave over 100kbps speed. And now when I have purchased for myself my internet speed don't go above 12kbps:@:frown:
I just want to know is there any trick to speed up the download speed. I use windows xp sp3 modified version and my plan is of unlimited usage Rs230.
Interesting matter is the download speed is approx 35kbps with Nokia N73 and only 10-12kbps with 3G modem. I've checked using same number in both the cases.
Hope any member can solve my problem!!!

possibly reason.

Different place, Different Speed
are you checking your friend modem at the same time when u checked ur modem on same palace. just check both modem on same palace on same time.

My Experience:
I am using Micromax 3G Data Card Modem and this gives speed upto 104 KBps (around 800 Kbps). but sometimes the speed is v. slow upto 10 KBps only. So plz check in different time.

I checked both the modems on my pc but not at the same time.
One thing more to be noticed that speed is not always down, I never got speed more thsn 12 kbps from the time I've purchased my 3G modem, at least at some particular time I should have got good speed but I never got even 20kbps...so I thinkg there is something else which is slowing down speed.
Here is the speed test result-
https://www.speedtest.net

That means the speed is good but there is something which is slowing down the downloading speed, I need to find that thing. Hope anyone could help!!!

One Tweak which you can try if you are using Windows XP is (similar steps for VISTA - but you will have to navigate your way through) :Go To My computer >> Control Panel >> System >> Hardware >> Device Manager >> Expand Modems section >> Select the 3G USB Modem installed >> Right Click for Properties >> Modem Tab >> Note down the Port Number following Port: COM? (Lets say COM5 for now.) Close the Modem properties Dialog Box.Now Expand Ports (Com & LPT) section:Select the Communications Port (COM5 as in our case)>> Right Click for Properties >> Port Settings tab >> Bits per second >> Increase it to the highest possible value (128000 in my case).Close all Dialog Boxes. This setting should take immediate effect without any restart.Now try and I hope you should get the desired speed.Ravi.

IAM TELLING U THE REAL PROBLEM THAT COMES WITH BSNL 3G PROBLEM,,

FIRST OF ALL 3G SIM AND 3G NETWORK(HSDPA) ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS......BSNL WHICH CLAIMS SPEED OF 3.6mbps IS FOR 3G SIM WHICH HAS MUCH MORE DATA TRANSEF RATE FACILITY THAN THE USUALL 2G SIM,,,,,NOW MAXIMUM PEOPLE INCLUDING ME ALSO BYE 3G MMX MODEM AND PUT A 2G SIM IN IT ND START SURFING,......WHILE USING 3G NETWORK WE THINK THAT IT WILL PROVIDE 3.6MBPS SPEED,,,,3G NETWORK CAN PROVIDE THAT SPEED BUT REMEMBERU R JUST USING 2G SIM WHICH DOES NOT HAVE THAT HIGH SPEED FACILITY,IT CAN ONLY PROVIDE 256kbps TO 750kbps (approx) ..............so dont get panic if u dont get that mush high speed,,,also 3G NETWORK WITH 3G SIM IS OFFERED BY BSNL WITH A MONTLY RENTEL OF Rs3000 .................SO FORGET ABOUT THAT

NOW TO GET MAXIMUM SPEED GO IN OPTION MENU OF MMX NETWORK> THEN CHANGE MANUALLY IT TO 3G THEN U WILL GET SPEED MATCHING WITH YOUR FRIEND EVEN MUCH MORE THAN HIM......BY DEFAULT IT IS SET TO THOSE NETWORK WHICH HAVE HIGH STRENGTH INWHICH 2G LEADS OVER 3G BUT FOR DATA TRANSFER 3G IS BETTER,...SO CHANGE UR NETWORK MANUAALY ND NJOY.............ALSO SMTIMES 3G NETWORK IN NOT AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME CHANGE IT AGAIN TO 2G ND SURF...AFTER SMETIME TRY AGAIN WITH 3G NETWORK USUALLY IT GET AGAIN AWAILABLE AFTER 1/2 AN HOUR..........DONT FORGET TO THANK ME

You fool. It does not depend on the SIM. It depends on the network and the device which is used for surfing. In Kuwait, users can use existing SIM (even if old, it should be valid) to browse at 3G speed. Understood?.

You fool. It does not depend on the SIM. It depends on the network and the device which is used for surfing. In Kuwait, users can use existing SIM (even if old, it should be valid) to browse at 3G speed. Understood?.

so mr. intelligent first thing i wan to say is never try to show yourself better by using word YOU FOOL
it is an open source website where you can post any thing you know and for your kind information i am JTO(telecom officer)in 3G dept how can you know better than me..............?:iplay::madness::madness::madness:

even if i accept your words then tell me y u dont get the speed even you have a 3g modem,3g network

and in kuwait all the sims that got manufactured are of same data transfer rate whether they are 3g or 2g they can work in all network and are enabled in dual mode.........in india scenario is diff we have only single mode sim................try all the suggestion i have offered you will get the soln:urock::urock::urock::inodding:

I think usb port also the reason for that I am using bsnl broadband (home BB500) when I try to connect the modem in usb port rather than Ethernet port I noticed there is drop in net speed.Another incident I realize this when testing reliance broadband + (3.1 mbps) modem in my pc.

Back